Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e@rs wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:46 pm Is it possible to change the 'Uhbik-one letter' names to something less confusing in the future update?
Unfortunately that breaks existing projects. Many hosts identify plug-ins by their names, not just by their IDs... :-/

Thanx! I was expecting that, but had to ask anyway...

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:19 am Development work on Filterscape is almost done, then begins focus on Uhbik. Some parts of the team are already picking up on it.
I can’t wait to hear your new filter algorithms!!

Urs wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:48 pm
e@rs wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:46 pm Is it possible to change the 'Uhbik-one letter' names to something less confusing in the future update?
Unfortunately that breaks existing projects. Many hosts identify plug-ins by their names, not just by their IDs... :-/
Maybe provide the same plugins twice, short name to not jeopardize existing projects, and long name to change to more meaningful names for the future? :wink:

andesiro wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:53 am
Maybe provide the same plugins twice, short name to not jeopardize existing projects, and long name to change to more meaningful names for the future? :wink:
And how would that work with hosts that use the plugin id and not the plugin name?
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

The current uhbik version is really buggy in bitwig for me (crashing the audio system). The old versions always ran perfectly for me, might have to try and find the legacy installers

j wazza wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:17 pm The current uhbik version is really buggy in bitwig for me (crashing the audio system). The old versions always ran perfectly for me, might have to try and find the legacy installers
With "current version", do you mean the current release version from the website, or the Uhbik 2.0 alpha version we had posted here in this thread on KVR?

If you want to reinstall the current release version, you can download it from the product page:
https://u-he.com/products/uhbik/

Just don't use the VST3 version, use the VST2.

Older versions can be found in the release archive:
https://u-he.com/downloads/release-archive/uhbik/
That QA guy from planet u-he.

thanks @urs to keep this up :)

Will filterscape va be updated too in the next batch?

ElVincente wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:25 pm Will filterscape va be updated too in the next batch?
Yes, we hope to finalise development of the Filterscape update in a few weeks, then go beta asap (while sound design/content ramps up), then let the dev team focus on Uhbik while I primarily go back to Zebra.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:21 pm
ElVincente wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:25 pm Will filterscape va be updated too in the next batch?
Yes, we hope to finalise development of the Filterscape update in a few weeks, then go beta asap (while sound design/content ramps up), then let the dev team focus on Uhbik while I primarily go back to Zebra.
Very exciting!!!

Kypresso wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:11 pm
andesiro wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:53 am
And how would that work with hosts that use the plugin id and not the plugin name?
You will have seen the question mark at the end of my sentence! :roll:
I'm not a programmer, so what do I know... but I'll give you a hint: how about new other IDs for the ones with the long name? :D
Is it possible, the programmers of U-He will come up with something, and if not, then not. I think, since it is not infrequently requested, this would be a pretty simple solution. But what do I know... :oops:

As a workaround, some DAWs/hosts support renaming the plugin name displayed. This is at least true on Reaper.

It does, but any decent host will ask where it's moved to and allow users to choose the new location, or in this case, file name. MuLab does this without a hitch, so I can only imagine other DAW's, more expensive, would surely have this ability. Just saying, that's all... ;)

Any news on whether there will be a Uhbik Rack?

Return to “u-he”