3rd Party Synth Presets ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Speaking of presets, is the Preset Download no longer here on KVR? I'm trying to find some for an older synth & Google shows me some from KVR, but when I click them it tells me I must be logged in to download. So, is this just showing me an old page? Maybe a faked page. I can't seem to find them when I'm actually in here.

You mean https://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?
Top left on KVR to open the KVR menu, then expand 'Plugins, Apps, Sounds, etc.' and there on the bottom ('Patches & Presets Downloads & Uploads').

Thank you.

MeanMrMustard wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:23 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 pm
MeanMrMustard wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:07 pm Guitarist doing original Prog Rock (Yes, Floyd, ELP, Rush). I'd like to add keys however not being a keyboardist I'm not up to speed on programing my own presets. Who are some of the better companies putting out synth presets for this type/style of music ? I picked up a few synths over BF, including Diva, SM2, as well as a few free synths like Dexed, Surge, ect. I use Studio One which comes with Mai Tai and Presence XT. I'm also looking at Arturia V9, but at this point that many synths would be a bit much.

Thanks....
Hey, check my signature. :) :tu:

Great thanks, I'll check it out over the weekend.

Interesting, now that I've been listening to quite a few presets I'm noticing, at least to my old ears they sound more geared towards 'movie soundtracks' than to songwriting.
You should find stuff for both actually. All with free demos packs to test out. :D

If you have (or get) Analog Lab by Arturia, they make preset packs for various genres and artists, including two called Floyd Tribute (I & II) and one called ELP Tribute. With Analog Lab you can play the presets and make minor tweaks, but you'd have to get the whole synth (or V Collection) to do heavy editing (which may not matter to you).

Return to “Instruments”