HoRNet VHS plugin does not work in Cakewalk DAW

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Team, I have purchased and installed HoRNet VHS plugin on my (Win 10) PC and it will not work in cakewalk. I have downloaded and installed both using the HoRNetDoing installer and manually copying the VST and DLL files to the appropriate locations. The plugin shows up on the browser in the DAW. When I try to open up the vst3 version I get an error message and then nothing happens, the plugin shell is blank. when I try to open the vs2 version I get an error message and then the DAW crashes. Any ideas as to how I can sort this out?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi this issue is fixed in the 1.0.1 version could you please try to download it? it should work just fine

Thank you
Saverio

I tried the demo again today, but still have problems in Cakewalk: the VST3 doesn't display properly, and the VST2 crashes Cakewalk instantly. Is the fix in the demo?

tparker24 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:09 am I tried the demo again today, but still have problems in Cakewalk: the VST3 doesn't display properly, and the VST2 crashes Cakewalk instantly. Is the fix in the demo?
unfortunately I've just tested it and it seems the bug you report is still there and specific to cakewalk.

I'll add the fix in the next update.

Saverio

Thanks!

Any updates on the updates? it would be great to get this plugin working. On paper this s a great idea in practice it is not going so well.

Rodupsetter wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:18 am Any updates on the updates? it would be great to get this plugin working. On paper this s a great idea in practice it is not going so well.
we have just published an update that fixes the issue in cakewalk :)

it's the 1.0.2 please check it out

Saverio

hi there Saverio, i just bought VHS today, silly me, but i didn't demo it cos i don't usually have a problem with Hornet plugins, the vst2 and vst3 plugins both the GUIs cut off at the bottom not showing the whole plugin in Reaper and Cubase Pro (both latest versions on windows 10, lenovo thinkpad t430s)
this is with the latest 1.0.2 version

HoRNet wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:27 am
Rodupsetter wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:18 am Any updates on the updates? it would be great to get this plugin working. On paper this s a great idea in practice it is not going so well.
we have just published an update that fixes the issue in cakewalk :)

it's the 1.0.2 please check it out

Saverio
Didn't work.

I still have the same issues. No changes for me.

Actually, that's not quite true. My system does not crash and I don't get an error message from windows. Plugin interface is still blank though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emef wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:56 pm hi there Saverio, i just bought VHS today, silly me, but i didn't demo it cos i don't usually have a problem with Hornet plugins, the vst2 and vst3 plugins both the GUIs cut off at the bottom not showing the whole plugin in Reaper and Cubase Pro (both latest versions on windows 10, lenovo thinkpad t430s)
this is with the latest 1.0.2 version
Hi could you please open a support ticket including the screenshots of the issue? also we need to know the amount of text zooming in windows.

Saverio

Rodupsetter wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:24 am Actually, that's not quite true. My system does not crash and I don't get an error message from windows. Plugin interface is still blank though.
Hi we have just confirmed this bug that only happens in Cakewalk with VST3, if you use VST2 it works fine (that's a workaround for the moment)

Saverio

VST2 version works ! Thank you for the hard work. I have access to a recording studio at work so will do some re-mixes on the weekend and listen to the results on the studio monitors next week. I will let you know what I think.
Cheers, R.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”