Reaper and Hornet VHS headphone plugin

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently purchased hornet plugin for headphone mixing (https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-vhs/). This simple plugin has no copy protection or install routine and is merely a dll. Reaper recognizes the plugin but once loaded the interface does not display so I can't control anything. Anyone else here tried this plug?

The documentation is basically non-existent, no mention of OS requirements etc anywhere.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone else would try to load this plug in reaper so I know if I'm chasing a reaper incompatibility or something with my local install. I paid $12 but there is also a free demo download. Anyone else on a Win7x64 PC get this plug to work in Reaper?

The product page lists OS specs:

macOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (Vista and later) support.
64-bit on Mac and Windows.
Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.

So you should be ok unless it uses AVX/AVX2 or something (not stated) and you have an old processor.

I tried the demo in Reaper and it worked fine though that's an 11th gen Intel with Win11, just dragged the dll to my folder, didn't use the installer. Maybe try the demo next time. ;)

Steviebone wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:24 pm I recently purchased hornet plugin for headphone mixing (https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-vhs/). This simple plugin has no copy protection or install routine and is merely a dll. Reaper recognizes the plugin but once loaded the interface does not display so I can't control anything. Anyone else here tried this plug?

The documentation is basically non-existent, no mention of OS requirements etc anywhere.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone else would try to load this plug in reaper so I know if I'm chasing a reaper incompatibility or something with my local install. I paid $12 but there is also a free demo download. Anyone else on a Win7x64 PC get this plug to work in Reaper?
sorry there was a typo on the page and the plugin requires a minimum of windows 10 to work (consider that Win7 reached its end of life on January 2023, that's the reason why we build the plugin win Win10 minimum support)

You can try to see if the plugin works by manually installing the Microsoft Webview2 runtime from here:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... ad-section

But keep in mind that the latest supported version in windows 7 is the 1.0.992 and we linked against the 1.0.1587 so I'm not sure it'll work.

Saverio

I never saw where the Win version was stated. If this is true I slap Hornet. I will NEVER put Win10 on my DAW just so I can install some random plugin. For one, my DAW will NEVER bs on the Internet, I have other machines for that. My DAW machine is just thaT... THAT ONLY, ON PURPOSE. Thanks for the input.

Instead of making another topic on a similar matter, i take my chances here.

VHS works great for me in Reaper, but it refuse to re-open in saved projects. Causes Reaper to instantly shut down when trying to open a saved project with VHS inside actually.

Any fix on the way for this?

steffensen wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:27 am Instead of making another topic on a similar matter, i take my chances here.

VHS works great for me in Reaper, but it refuse to re-open in saved projects. Causes Reaper to instantly shut down when trying to open a saved project with VHS inside actually.

Any fix on the way for this?
Hi could you please open a support ticket so you can send us the crash report? it's hard to diagnose the problem without that report and I don't want you to post crash reports on a public forum :)

Thank you
Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:34 am Hi could you please open a support ticket so you can send us the crash report? it's hard to diagnose the problem without that report and I don't want you to post crash reports on a public forum :)

Thank you
Saverio
Done!

Any news on this matter?

steffensen wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:55 am Any news on this matter?
yup, we have a fix coming out in a couple of days that includes this issue.

Saverio

Just wanted to spread the word that this update sorted everything out for me! All working great here. 😃

Hi all,
I can confirm that with Win 11 + Reaper 6.77 + VHS 1.0.1 here, it works smooth and no problem at all.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”