Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

PAK wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:11 pm Yes, Zenology Pro Analog Icons. Still doesn't include the JD-800 though (which is an extra $149). The base sub also includes everything but those Zenology synth models. So you get the EXZ expansions and most of their Zenology preset content for $30/yr.

Since it'd take 15+ years, of base level membership, to pay for those lifetime keys, it's a rare scenario where their rental offering potentially makes more sense, provided they keep the base membership cost low.

So, if someone wants the most Zenology sounds and presets for the money, the best value path is currently to buy a Zenology Pro lifetime key and then purchase the base Cloud $30/yr Membership..
No, buy a zenology lifetimekey. And a month of ultimate trial/sub.Then you download all the presets. And stop the month sub/trial. Backup the right directory on your harddisk and then you have them all, except for the analog icons stuff (which is not really great, the value is in the roland legacy presets)You won get anymore presets when the trial/sub is stopped.

Good tip on getting those banks.

I have a question. Excuse my ignorance, I am just trying out Zenology 2.

Is there a multi-out VST3 version? Say I load a drum kit and want to have at least 6 channels with separate outs into my DAW. Possible or not?

kmonkey wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:39 am Good tip on getting those banks.

Is there a multi-out VST3 version? Say I load a drum kit and want to have at least 6 channels with separate outs into my DAW. Possible or not?
Nope, bummer as I would love to submix the drumkits, Roland drumRom sounds are the best out there.

That is way I am so heavily advocating for a R8 V / TR8SV, with all those sounds inside. That would be the bomb.

Imagine a platform for synthsounds (zenology) and one for drums (call it drumology or whatever) Add a 1-64 steps 32 pattern 32 parts sequencer to it, call it sequentology or so :)

But I guess that would eat the sales of the HW, but I know I will get a TR8S just for controlling the plugin, just saying. (I sold my TR8S, still have a TR8 laying in the cupboard, I am 100% ITB now) And I still use my SYSTEM-8 for controlling all kinds of subtractive synths ( and rolands legendaries are mapped right away, no mapping needed)

The system-8 solely re-released as a MIDI controller (with aftertouch and better velocity response) would be an instant buy. But Roland doesnt seem to get the clues from the public. They are a bit stubborn in a lot of ways.

Septic Underground wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:30 am the value is in the roland legacy presets)You won get anymore presets when the trial/sub is stopped.
The legacy presets are in the exz expansion banks (along with the samples). Those won't show in Zenology without a valid license. These licenses would take about 10+ years of rental to buy the lifetime keys. Yeah, you can take that attitude and scrimp on the other presets. But, so far, Roland have also added a couple of hundred presets per year for Zenology. $30, for that alone, is hardly the worst ever value, and is one way to make sure Roland continues to support the plugin.. :shrug:

Mogular wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:43 am Looks like there is movement on this. Zenology Pro 2 has been released and this has VST3 silicon support. Just been playing it in the latest version of Komplete Kontrol which is only VST3 when not in rosetta mode. I saw a bunch of other instruments from the cloud momentarily in my Roland Cloud Manager but all except the JD800 have disappeared for now.
also Zenology FX are working in silicon now too.
Looks like there is the movement towards AS indeed.
Both Zenology Pro, FX and JD800 are finally available to use in Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 running in native mode :clap:
Sadly most are not :(

Odd that the reverb still isn't in Zenology FX?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Septic Underground wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:06 am But Roland doesn't seem to get the clues from the public. They are a bit stubborn in a lot of ways.
It literally took Propellerhead making ReBirth - emulating the Roland TB-303, 808, and 909, to make Roland realize there's money to be made on emulating their own hardware. They didn't even have a serious effort for the first part of the 2000's, and arguably all the way up to the release of their ACB emulations. So yeah - they definitely are "slow" to react to what the public consumer and pro musicians alike actually want! :lol:

#Still_Waiting_for_ACB_JX-8P
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:17 pm #Still_Waiting_for_ACB_JX-8P
So am I :x

But the JD-800 was a repackaging of the Zen Core code with a new skin, so I guess that if we ever get a JX-8P, it will be done the same way.
Fernando (FMR)

Does Zenology Pro ever go on sale? I know it's not one of the available selections for the Play4Life deals. Also I don't want the collection I mentioned about earlier as it's just too expensive for me.

Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:43 pm Does Zenology Pro ever go on sale? I know it's not one of the available selections for the Play4Life deals. Also I don't want the collection I mentioned about earlier as it's just too expensive for me.
It doesn't. The $500 bundle does come with a year of Ultimate membership, though I think it's for new subs only. The only other way to get any sort of deal is to look for any retailers (EG Sweetwater) who resell Roland Cloud. Sometimes you might be able to use their own discount offers towards a purchase.

I'm looking at a Zen drum kit in edit mode for you right now. The way it looks to me is that there are just output modes: dry and MFX (multifx). I'm pretty sure at first glance that the MFX just get summed to the main outs along with the dry output.
You may have to do this the way we did it back in the day....pan the kick to the left channel, snare to the right, record those two soloed. then hi hats to the left, cymbals to the right, etc. You lose the stereo imaging but that's how we used to do it back in the day.
It seems to be a more modern way now to just mix all your drums inside the VST and record just the kick and snare individually, everything else in a stereo pair. If you want to change things, go back and modify them in the VST. There are a lot of ways to do this and none of them works as well as just having individual outputs for each drum as far as I can see right now.

EnochLight wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:17 pm
Septic Underground wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:06 am But Roland doesn't seem to get the clues from the public. They are a bit stubborn in a lot of ways.
It literally took Propellerhead making ReBirth - emulating the Roland TB-303, 808, and 909, to make Roland realize there's money to be made on emulating their own hardware. They didn't even have a serious effort for the first part of the 2000's, and arguably all the way up to the release of their ACB emulations. So yeah - they definitely are "slow" to react to what the public consumer and pro musicians alike actually want! :lol:

#Still_Waiting_for_ACB_JX-8P
Still using Rebirth on my iPad Pro on daily basis :)
Shame that Roland banned Propellerheads for distributing it :(

Yeah, I want my JX8P far more than I want my MTV!

N 4 LIFE wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:56 pm

I'm looking at a Zen drum kit in edit mode for you right now. The way it looks to me is that there are just output modes: dry and MFX (multifx). I'm pretty sure at first glance that the MFX just get summed to the main outs along with the dry output.
You may have to do this the way we did it back in the day....pan the kick to the left channel, snare to the right, record those two soloed. then hi hats to the left, cymbals to the right, etc. You lose the stereo imaging but that's how we used to do it back in the day.
It seems to be a more modern way now to just mix all your drums inside the VST and record just the kick and snare individually, everything else in a stereo pair. If you want to change things, go back and modify them in the VST. There are a lot of ways to do this and none of them works as well as just having individual outputs for each drum as far as I can see right now.
THX

Well hopefully they don’t fix that loophole.
Septic Underground wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:30 am
PAK wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:11 pm Yes, Zenology Pro Analog Icons. Still doesn't include the JD-800 though (which is an extra $149). The base sub also includes everything but those Zenology synth models. So you get the EXZ expansions and most of their Zenology preset content for $30/yr.

Since it'd take 15+ years, of base level membership, to pay for those lifetime keys, it's a rare scenario where their rental offering potentially makes more sense, provided they keep the base membership cost low.

So, if someone wants the most Zenology sounds and presets for the money, the best value path is currently to buy a Zenology Pro lifetime key and then purchase the base Cloud $30/yr Membership..
No, buy a zenology lifetimekey. And a month of ultimate trial/sub.Then you download all the presets. And stop the month sub/trial. Backup the right directory on your harddisk and then you have them all, except for the analog icons stuff (which is not really great, the value is in the roland legacy presets)You won get anymore presets when the trial/sub is stopped.

Return to “Instruments”