Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:53 pm
maldomusica wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:35 pm
Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 pm I can confirm it's true. That's what I was explaining to LoveEnigma18; I've done it myself with iZotope and they did the transfer without having to pay the fee.

I'm not sure about that, as I only had 1 reverb (R4) and Excalibur, and they only had 1 activation each too. You'd have to ask them directly. The responses from their support team are usually pretty decent in terms of wait times.
Thanks bro! Good to know that :hug:
I always found that a strange thing to do from iZotope. Because, at least if I remember correctly, they do not recall your iLok license either. They just issue a new one to the new owner. I could be wrong, but I think I still have valid iLok licenses in my account that are for plugins that I transferred to a new owner through iZotope support.
It was only a few weeks ago that I transferred my R4 reverb and that one didn't stay in my iLok. But who knows, maybe that's something they used to do but don't anymore.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Does anyone happen to have a $50 PA voucher they won't be using this month please? PM me if you do, it would greatly appreciated.

Me too! If anyone has a $50 or 75$ Loyalty Voucher for Plugin Alliance to spare, I'd be so happy =)

Choikdoi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:02 pm
mgw38 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:53 pm I always found that a strange thing to do from iZotope. Because, at least if I remember correctly, they do not recall your iLok license either. They just issue a new one to the new owner. I could be wrong, but I think I still have valid iLok licenses in my account that are for plugins that I transferred to a new owner through iZotope support.
It was only a few weeks ago that I transferred my R4 reverb and that one didn't stay in my iLok. But who knows, maybe that's something they used to do but don't anymore.
Could very well be. It has been a while that I sold an iZotope license.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Welp, it looks like Waves has gone over to an all subscription plan for their products. I'm sad to see this as, to me, they have been industry leaders in creative plugins like Ovox, Blender, Harmony, Vitamin and others. They can all be replaced of couurse, but the other big issue is that Waves had lead the business model for others and this could be the final domino to fall. IMO PA has followed Waves step for step over the years but IK ,Steinberg and NI make fall in line.

Im not subscribing to anything , ever.

I'm lucky that I just had a new computer built and moved old and new Waves over as well as 40 PA and dozens of others.

Ive read that subscriptions in the music making business are intended to capture the newbie pandemic producers that that have stayed home draging and dropping loops and want to continue doing so without a big investment in software. It seems to me that software companies are overlooking old ,long term users that are committed to not using warez but dont want to pay over and over for the same thing.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:53 pm Welp, it looks like Waves has gone over to an all subscription plan for their products. I'm sad to see this as, to me, they have been industry leaders in creative plugins like Ovox, Blender, Harmony, Vitamin and others. They can all be replaced of couurse, but the other big issue is that Waves had lead the business model for others and this could be the final domino to fall. IMO PA has followed Waves step for step over the years but IK ,Steinberg and NI make fall in line.

I'm lucky that I just had a new computer built and moved old and new Waves over as well as 40 PA and dozens of others.

Ive read that subscriptions in the music making business are intended to capture the newbie pandemic producers that that have stayed home draging and dropping loops and want to continue doing so without a big investment in software. It seems to me that software companies are overlooking old ,long term users that are committed to not using warez but dont want to pay over and over for the same thing.
PA tried to force the sub-only model but then backed out when people were saying basically FU and goodbye if you do that. I don't think they are going to try it again after seeing Waves fail at it.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:53 pm Welp, it looks like Waves has gone over to an all subscription plan for their products. I'm sad to see this as, to me, they have been industry leaders in creative plugins like Ovox, Blender, Harmony, Vitamin and others. They can all be replaced of couurse, but the other big issue is that Waves had lead the business model for others and this could be the final domino to fall. IMO PA has followed Waves step for step over the years but IK ,Steinberg and NI make fall in line.

Wow, WTF, I've noticed too. They also prevent you from upgrading your existing plugins:

Time to pick up the pitchforks people.

I've been pretty annoyed with Waves' marketing methods and fake sales but I respected them enough to buy their products. Not anymore I guess. Every piece of software on my Mac is a legal copy, but I feel like that may change in the future. I can't update my plugins for M1 compatibility which forces me to look at alternate options for the future..... Regarding Steinberg, they did a survey and have (for now) confirmed that they will not be switching to a subscription model.
Last edited by Vleker on Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamayyc wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:11 pm

Wow, WTF, I've noticed too. They also prevent you from upgrading your existing plugins:

Time to pick up the pitchforks people.
Or just replace Waves plugins with plugins from developers that don't try to extort you.

Unfortunately, after a little while -- once the sudden change has had a chance to settle, I think they will actually be successful with their two level of subscription.

So many schools and studios use Waves plugins and they are promoted everywhere. For the cost of a few meals you can get access to 110 plugins or for $10 more a month, you can get all our 220+ plugins. No need to pay for WUP anymore...

seangm wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:56 pm

PA tried to force the sub-only model but then backed out when people were saying basically FU and goodbye if you do that. I don't think they are going to try it again after seeing Waves fail at it.
when PA tried it the first time, Waves was still available as a reasonable place to get quality plugins. Now that Waves has gone subs, rest assured PA will follow. PA has followed Waves on everything else.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:24 pm rest assured PA will follow. PA has followed Waves on everything else.
Not really, PA tried doing a sub-only model first long before Waves. They weren't following Waves then.

I don't agree with the change to subscription-only. It would have been better to offer both. As an owner of Mercury + Studio Classics with a WUP that's good until March 2024, I've got a bit of time to think about it. Up until last year, I was a Windows only user and didn't need to get the latest versions for them to work. Since I've recently starting using Macs as well, it's been something I was already thinking about since every major OS version update tends to break some of the Waves plugins I use.

Although I will admit 2 free months of Splice Sounds+ seems attractive. It's like paying $7.50 per month for it for 2 months.

Does anyone on here know of coupon codes that work for Splice? I almost bit the bullet into subscribing to their Creative+ Plan, but then they raised it from $29/m to $39/m, and then I'm like f- this.

To preface ive never paid a dollar for wup and don’t plan on going this route, but for those who need the updated plugs..
i wonder if you paying for the new update plan once, then cancelling (as a way to “upgrade” your already owned perpetual plugs) results in a permanent upgrade to the plugin once you install the updated version of it. Then again that might just be wishful thinking while in the middle of the wavespocalypse.

I doubt they’d make it that easy on second thought
Last edited by Dumbquestions on Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
With many plugins come many responsibility

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”