Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

And no GUI improvements?

no GUI improvements that i can see.
very disappointing, as they specifically indicated they were working on that.

Is the AU showing as intel for apple silicon users or is it just me?

dayjob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:42 pm Is the AU showing as intel for apple silicon users or is it just me?
Not that I care (Windows user), but wasn't this mentioned on the previous page?

dayjob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:42 pm Is the AU showing as intel for apple silicon users or is it just me?
According to the app 'Silicon' the AUs are native not Intel

felis wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:05 pm
gkletch wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:31 am Largo Version Information

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Native Apple Silicon support
- MacOS Ventura and Windows 11 supported
- Bug fixes
Release velocity's still broken. Both versions now vst2 and vst3.
Forgive me for asking: what DAW are you using?
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

gkletch wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:30 am Just logged in to Waldorfs website and looks like Largo 1.8.0 has been released
I am trying to Log into myWaldorf on the new snazzy website and am getting nowhere. Is anyone else getting it to work?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

yes
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

dlandis wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:07 pm Forgive me for asking: what DAW are you using?
Cubase Pro 12

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:13 pm
According to the app 'Silicon' the AUs are native not Intel
yes and according the app "Suspicious package" the file is apple silicon/intel meaning universal binary.. however when you actually run the AU in logic or Live and then launch activity monitor it says that its running as intel via the translator app thingy.

edit: inaGRM is having the same issue. Sknote had the same issue and was able to fix it. Quinto from Sknote said it was a stupid "naming convention" they had missed but it was a simple fix.
Last edited by dayjob on Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T-CM11 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 pm
Not that I care (Windows user), but wasn't this mentioned on the previous page?
yes it was.. by me... and now i'm asking if anyone is having the same experience.

I can confirm that the AU is loading via the compatibility service while the VST2 and VST3 versions both load as native AS plugins.

felis wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:00 pm
dlandis wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:07 pm Forgive me for asking: what DAW are you using?
Cubase Pro 12
Thanks! I was asking because I thought (erroneously) that I could help because I had (and still have, actually) a similar issue with Studio One 6.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

DoktorTenma wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:42 pm I can confirm that the AU is loading via the compatibility service while the VST2 and VST3 versions both load as native AS plugins.
if you have a moment and don't mind it'd be helpful if you could report this to waldorf so they can forward it on to their developer. once they realize it's more than just a couple people experiencing this it might get fixed a little quicker but.. i guess we are all aware of their pace for updates.

here's a link to their support request form.. which annoyingly asks for serial number and purchase date which is information they already have saved in the "my waldorf" section where purchases are archived etc.

https://waldorfmusic.com/support-request/

:ud:

dayjob wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:26 am if you have a moment and don't mind it'd be helpful if you could report this to waldorf so they can forward it on to their developer.
I have and just got a reply stating that they have got similar feedback from another customer and have forwarded the information to the developer. And they'll get back to me when there's news about this issue.

I used their support e-mail mentioned at the top of the my Waldorf account page to contact them.

Return to “Instruments”