Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:52 pm I’m on Windows
My commiserations! :)

Korg should open a forum here at kvr. Just a suggestion.

I knew about that one. They could have one here too.

Loving Opsix Native. Finally something with loveable UI and manageable features.

Would love to see MPE support in the VST versions... Any chance that Korg will implement this?

There are a lot of good presets in opsix and the v2 bank. But not all good presets are equally nice, for subjective perspective. Hence it would be nice if there also was some weightening available in the favorites system, e.g. 1-3 stars, not just binary. Or even a bunch of color tags.

Tried opsix hardware + software. It's a bit of a pity that only the left area of the hardware is capable of remote control the software. Seems to me that Korg stopped here at half of the way... The right side, each parameter could be sent as sysex or nrpm, and the software could react accordingly. So if you switch to op1 and change the pitch, it would send a different sysex id than on op2. Really cool would be bi-directional sync :)

Also the software currently lacks of a simple "send program to hardware" and "receive program from hardware". I know that there is a seperate librarian software, but it is way more useful straight in the plugin, isn't it?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:23 am There are a lot of good presets in opsix and the v2 bank. But not all good presets are equally nice, for subjective perspective. Hence it would be nice if there also was some weightening available in the favorites system, e.g. 1-3 stars, not just binary. Or even a bunch of color tags.
I guess that is the difficulty.. pleasing everyone.
I hate omnisphere with its thousands of presets has a 1-5 rating.. I have to stop and say, I like it yes, how much.. I personally prefer a simpler binary scale.
And yes I know I can use Five as a like for all that I like but that annoys the OCD side of me.
rsp
sound sculptist

I love the 5 star system because then I can use 3 stars for "useful mix filler/background thing" and 4/5 stars for "incredible and unique!". 2 stars is "pretty much useless" and 1 star is "absolute garbage, never play again". :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Convincing arguments against multiple stars, but what’s wrong with color tags or even custom tags? Imagine you could define the tags yourself, and each preset could have multiple of these. Imho this would be always the superior preset manager, and don’t think it is that hard to implement either, at least in the software.

you could tag by gerne, timbre, type, and all at once, in your individual perception. Search would be super easy then…

Agree, that would indeed be the best system, one where the user chooses what suites them.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:42 am Convincing arguments against multiple stars, but what’s wrong with color tags or even custom tags? Imagine you could define the tags yourself, and each preset could have multiple of these. Imho this would be always the superior preset manager, and don’t think it is that hard to implement either, at least in the software.

you could tag by gerne, timbre, type, and all at once, in your individual perception. Search would be super easy then…
Yeah like u-he? Yeah that would for me too. I only isw favourite 6 with them.

rsp
sound sculptist

Whoever's looking for more presets, there are bunch of great ones here:
https://lfo.store/product-category/hard ... org-opsix/

So, from the standpoint of someone who has a lot of FM plugins, and even some hardware with basic FM capabilities, what does OP-6 offer?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”