Synthmaster 2 iOS Midi Log

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KV331 team,
Please can you explain the purpose of SAVE MIDI LOG in the preset menu of SM2 iOS, and how does it compare to EXPORT/IMPORT MIDI MAPPINGS.
I just want to try and eliminate the self disappearing midi mappings issue.
Looking forward to your reply.
Mike.

Hi Gercek or lb or anyone from the KV331 team,
Is there a chance you could give me an answer to the above question?

I know I keep complaining about faults within both SM1&2 iOS, but they are genuine and I have tried to steer away from using these apps in my projects because of the already reported faults, but I keep coming back to these synths because they can produce any sound that I require, using either a stock preset or by creating a new preset that suits my needs. I have now started freezing each SM track in Cubasis so that in the future the sounds won’t change, but it is live playing that is the problem, sometimes the wrong presets are called up because their library positions have changed and also midi mappings have mysteriously disappeared.
Mike

I re-imported my midi mappings for SM2, I closed and reopened the app, I then save the MIDI LOG, but checking this log shows it is empty?

“MIDILog06-01-21 ZERO KB”

Hi,

Midi log is the raw midi data input to the synth, we use this for analyzing some of the issues. Instead of asking for a project file getting this midi log is more convenient.

Import/export midi mappings is for your own convenience, these are the midi learn parameters. You can save them to icloud for instance and import them if anything goes wrong. One other use is for using multiple midi controllers. Each midi controller may have a different cc parameter so you can learn and save these for each controller.

Hi Ib,
Thanks for your reply and for explaining the Midi Log function.

Regarding my issues with continuing disappearing Midi Mapping Parameters, is there any reason why this should be happening on such a regular basis? These parameters don’t all disappear at the same time, eg both filter Frequency and Resonance parameters vanish together with ADSR Sustain and Release parameters, I import Midi Mappings and all is fine. A couple of days later the ADSR Attack/Sustain/Glide/filter Frequency and Volume will disappear, I again import Midi Mappings…..all good, but the next day perhaps just one parameter has unmapped itself?
I have performed Midi Learn GLOBALLY and PRESET but with the same results, I have also imported the mappings in both Stand-alone and AUv3 in Cubasis3 but the results are still the same? Some days I don’t launch any synth apps or Cubasis, but when I do I find the same lost mapping issues with SM2 and SM One! Some times they don’t disappear at all 🎊🍻
I wish you could suggest something that could possibly be the cause of these problems so that I could avoid any reoccurrence……. I am open to suggestions.
I have not read any other user articles in this forum regarding disappearing Midi Mappings, but I really don’t think I am the only one with this issue.
I have deleted and reinstalled SM2 a few times at the time consuming cost of having to re-establish all my preset banks. I am out of ideas?

Return to “KV331 Audio”