Double Stop Bends Possible?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry if this is a question that's been answered a billion times. But...

Is it possible to do a "Chuck Berry" bend, ie. only bending -one- string in a double-stop?

Interesting question

Yes, you can bend notes on each string independently in order to play those "Chuck Berry" bends, that stereotypical rock unison bend (where you play two notes a whole step apart and then bend the pitch of the lower note upward until it reaches the higher note's pitch), or how guitarists emulate pedal steel type bends.

There are a few different bend modes included in the SETUP section of the interface, which allow you to limit which note(s) the pitch wheel affects. That way you can have it only bend the lowest held note, for example.

Another approach, which is much more flexible but needs to be manually sequenced and isn't playable in realtime (unless you have an MPE-compatible MIDI controller), is by using our Polybend feature. Here's a video showing how that feature works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwPlU78ml0
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks, Greg. I found the video about 3 minutes after writing this post. (Sorry)

Question: Do you have any MIDI demos using the pitchbend settings (ie. -not- using the poly mode)?

I love the libs I have, so don't take this the wrong way, butt I never would have gotten good results with your libs without studying some examples.

This is the one 'gap' I've been meaning to fill. Got any MIDI or Cubase examples?

THANKS!

---JC

Suntower wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:58 amDo you have any MIDI demos using the pitchbend settings (ie. -not- using the poly mode)?
I think there are some in the lead guitar in the "Deimos" demo track for Evolution Strawberry, but I can double-check for you and send the MIDI file for that. Once we added the multi channel pitch bend capability, I gravitated toward using that instead.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”