Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, Get BX_METER for FREE at Plugin Alliance

using the Coupon Code BX-MTR-FREE-AZ45H8 at checkout.

Remember change the quantity to 1 Bx_meter in case appaer $7.99 price

:tu:

I’m interested in the UA Fairchild, does anyone here use it?
I’d would love some user opinions.

The UA Fairchild is excellent. Beats or matches most hardware compressors, including the Stamchild. It can sometimes have too much character, in which case I use the UA Vari-MU instead.

kidslow wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:41 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 am
kidslow wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:35 am
I like to price these things out, but also haven't seen any compelling reason for the upgrade. Might push to Black Friday, or skip v7 entirely.
I thought the Kontakt upgrade sale only happens in the summer?

Personally I'm almost certainly going to wait until next summer (at the earliest...). Though it would be in NI's interest to get developers to release 7 only non-Player libraries before the sale ends.
I could be mistaken, but I believe it's twice a year. I've only recently seen third-party libraries that rely on Kontakt 6 features, so might be a few years until 7-only libraries are a concern.
Historically it's been full versions on sale in the Winter and upgrades on sale in the Summer.

Aloysius wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:49 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:07 pm
Aloysius wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:47 am Hi Uncle. Is that version of WaveMachine Labs DrumaGog you're selling a recently updated plugin? I noticed that some people over at gearslutz have been unable to use the product for years because of a lack of attention from WML. The product is considered long since dead and buried at this stage.
It's the version that was released in 2010. Do you have a link to the people talking about the issues? I can send that to them and find out if things have been resolved.
I can't remember if there are any more but this Thread did stick in my mind. Thanks.

http://gearspace.com/board/avid-pro-too ... 5-7-a.html

The last comment in the Thread says: ''As of now its a dead product. abandonware $$ ''
Did you receive any feedback Uncle?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hey uncle, thanks for the reply and advice re cvox and autotune, I will not get them and instead opt for the real autotune on sale and soothe as well in the future.

And i don’t know how to quote multiple persons but thanks to Nevel and alinok as well, i will check my inbox when i get home from work, what a great forum this is!

Uncle E wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:52 pm
nino213 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:09 pm I feel pretty covered, still need autotune and have heard good things about uad plugins in general, what would you go for? I am completely new to the uad world but would like to benefit from their sale right now. Any ideas?
Only get UAD Auto-Tune if you need to help singers monitor themselves real-time. Many singers sing better when they hear themselves in tune. Other than that, though, the native versions are much better.

Also, while the current sale is good, keep in mind that these sales happen all the time. For example, the price I paid for the Minimoog a couple of months was exactly the same as the current price with the UALURKER4LIFE coupon applied.
Has anyone tried the c-vox? I’m thinking of buying that as the room treatment isn’t the best and seems like a fair alternative to soothe?
Again, only get it if you need it real-time. I consistently get better results with RX and Adobe Enhance Speech. But if you're live streaming or just needing to throw down something quickly, c-vox is excellent.

Has anyone bought a Native UA plugin from a reseller (Plugin Boutique for example)? If so, what do you exactly get? An iLok redeem code or a serial to register on UA website?

I now get a UAD Newsletter quite every day, saying "Save an Extra $25 with This Coupon".
But where is the coupon???
Not in my account, I looked everywhere...

paolostylo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:47 pm I now get a UAD Newsletter quite every day, saying "Save an Extra $25 with This Coupon".
It's in your cart (if it is anywhere).

paolostylo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:47 pm I now get a UAD Newsletter quite every day, saying "Save an Extra $25 with This Coupon".
Yeah same, the only thing I can think of is that it is the SAVE25 one but that only works from €99 which is not what they advertise in the mail.

I got the same email and the same disappointment. Plus, UA said they'd be sending $25 "thank you" coupons after each purchase (of any value), but it's been 24h since I bought something and nothing arrived in my inbox or spam folders yet. I opened a support ticket as UA suggested in another forum, let's see how it goes then...

UA are really hitting up the inbox. I don't like that.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:19 am Did you receive any feedback Uncle?
They said “ Yes, it is still supported.”

VitaminD wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:31 pm UA are really hitting up the inbox. I don't like that.
Yeah, and the thing with unsubscribing is you may not get future offers, which could be even more tempting and specific for you (like the SUNSHINE49 coupon thing recently). So it's kinda catch22 situation.

Regarding the voucher discussion above, it's indeed either SAVE25 or the thank you voucher, either of which are available in the cart.

Uncle E wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:26 am The UA Fairchild is excellent. Beats or matches most hardware compressors, including the Stamchild. It can sometimes have too much character, in which case I use the UA Vari-MU instead.
I know it’s a different tube-y emulation, but I preferred MJUC by a substantial margin over the Fairchild. It’s actually fairly similar in nature, including controls.

And the Fairchild was the best of the SUNSHINE code offerings. Saved me money.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”