Panning horizontally and vertically the view?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

How do you pan the view vertically without using the small scroll bar on the right? I find the scrollbar too small and usually to far away from my current mouse position when editing. It feels like there should be a modifier key you hold and you can then click and drag to pan the view horizontally and vertically anywhere you want.

I know the timeline lets you pan horizontally only, but I am not spotting an easy way of doing it verically without using the vertical scrollbar on the right?

Hello! You can move the view vertically in other ways:
- by scrolling the mouse wheel by placing the cursor over the plugins area or over the area of inputs and track names;
- by scrolling the mouse wheel while holding "Shift" regardless of the position of the cursor;
You can also move the project view in any direction by holding the right mouse button in the clips area and moving the mouse. To do this, go to the "Settings > General > Mouse" menu and set the "Scroll tracks" setting for the "Tracks area right drag" parameter.

The first one I know about, but what I am not keen on with that way is having to move my mouse to the outputs area or track inputs area.

Yeah the second one is close enough to what I want though is not ideal in my opinion and would prefer if the shift modifer worked with a click drag instead of mouse wheel to pan horizontally and vertically.

Interestingly enough I notice holding shift and then holding middle click and dragging pans the view horizontally but if the track is playing back it makes the cursor stutter at the current position.

Return to “Tracktion”