Evolution guitar slide articulations not working

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://streamable.com/t7dl2k

In the video above (sorry for low volume), I am triggering the quarter note slide articulation but clearly the sound is not a slide at all--it's just a series of individual notes. I've extended the legato range and properly assigned the slide articulation. When I look into Kontakt's settings, it even shows that the Legato Slide-Up/Down articulations are in fact being triggered, but for some reason the playback is just the regular notes.

I've tried reinstalling Kontakt and the Evolution guitar libraries. I've tried using the library in both Kontakt 5 and 6. I've tried using the plugin in Ableton Live and Bitwig Studio. The problem persists across all attempts.

I've contacted support, so far they have not given me a good explanation on why this is happening so I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and if you were able to resolve it?

Thank you.
Last edited by imcubix on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Try using the "Velocity Slide" articulation instead of the "Quarter Note Slide", since that one will take a quarter note to reach its destination, which for just sliding a few semitones will result in a very slow slide (depending on the BPM of your song of course).

In the "Velocity Slide" articulation, the speed of the slide is based on the velocity of the destination note. The tempo-based slides, like the quarter note, eighth, and sixteenth note slides are good for when you need the slide to reach the destination note within a tempo-relative time period.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I've tried all of the slide articulations. As you can see in the first video I recorded, what's supposed to be a "very slow slide" is not even a slide at all--it's a slow sequence of hammer-ons / pull-offs.

Even with the velocity slide articulation, it's doing a series of hammer-ons / pull-offs.
Last edited by imcubix on Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Concrete proof that slide articulations are not working in Evolution guitar libraries:

https://streamable.com/83giwz

Enabling the velocity slide articulation makes zero difference from the normal legato hammer-on. And a long slide shows that it is not a gradual slide, but rather a series of hammer-ons / pull-offs.

EDIT: According to Greg, the half-step legato sample is a slide. To my ears it's a hammer-on, but since the library doesn't contain samples that actually sound like a slide, it seems like nothing can be done about this issue unfortunately.

I can't get this thing to slide at all either. I'm using Texas twang, and have tried legato slide, 1/4 slide, 1/8 slide, and nothing happens. There is no documentation on this anywhere, and the only video on slides is how to do a slide without using the actual slide articulations, lol. I assume it's like most vi's, in that the first note has to overlap the second, but I'm just guessing, and it doesn't work either way. I've got a deadline on this track, and I'm going to have to switch to a competitors sample library. Frustrating.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Stumbled on this as I'm having the same problem with Orange Tree products (Evolution Steel, Flatwound Bass).

There appears to be literally zero documentation from Orange Tree about how their keyswitch assignments work for slides, which is downright embarrassing. These are expensive multi-sample libraries with a huge list of available keyswitches, but apparently they aren't worth covering in the official docs? or in any official videos?

Like the old post from b15fliptop above, I have zero success making the slides even sound at all. Anybody?

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”