how to preserve phrase based note-octave offsets in generators

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

halihó ...err hi :)

Is there any way for the generators to use the already set note-octave offset values, seems the generators build an entirely new phrase from scratch after every change(would like to use non-chord tones with octave offsets), discarding the old offset (note related) values

so I have to set them up constantly which is not so rapid

:help:

ps. I'm learning the program and would like to reproduce this with the fewest steps possible.
Ideally, I'd prefer to use only generators
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

tried to solve it only tentatively by giving a new voicing with non-scale notes, but I don't understand why the program renders it like this
don't get why it start to(add the non-chord position) move the root note(note at lowest position) :?:

it's A minor scale/chord notes are ACE

fyi maybe I'm Captain Obvious, but there's logic in it. :D

after the resetting the non-chord notes should be added an octave higher

xbitz wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:08 pm halihó ...err hi :)

Is there any way for the generators to use the already set note-octave offset values, seems the generators build an entirely new phrase from scratch after every change(would like to use non-chord tones with octave offsets), discarding the old offset (note related) values
Üdv! :)
If you don't mind I'll reply in English.

There is an elegant solution. Almost all phrase generators offer note selection, which means they can use any notes you would like. This feature is amazing IMO, and often forgotten.
E.g. a chord generator can sound a rootless chord if you exclude the root note, or a 7th note can be played instead of the 5th if you modify the 5th as "#3+II" (=3rd chord note plus 2 scale steps). The possibilities are endless.

In your case, you want the 2nd chord note offset by a scale step, so you click on "#2" and make it "#2+I". (Scale step offsets are denoted as roman numerals, semitone offsets are Arabic numbers...)

Like this:

Note: I found a bug when editing the octave/scale step/semitone offsets as above. I uploaded a fix, please re-download v5.0.3... :oops:

Thanks,
Attila

d'oh, I completely missed that there's an offset there too, I was just toggling the notes on and off :)

btw. Is it known why there is a range difference between master voicing and its local equivalent?
Képernyőfotó 2023-11-02 - 9.51.06.png
at least the C6 would be nice :pray: :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Right-clicking on the keyboard will open a popup where you can extend the note range:

I have fixed the keyboard size so that it is scaled up for bigger font sizes...

thx :)

I remember now what the problem was: on Macs, the settings can't be adjusted, + after a while, the app also breaks
:party:

I know, that is why I wrote this in a previous reply:
musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:19 pm Note: I found a bug when editing the octave/scale step/semitone offsets as above. I uploaded a fix, please re-download v5.0.3... :oops:

I've created the animgif using
Képernyőfotó 2023-11-02 - 15.26.17.png
so it still exists
Képernyőfotó 2023-11-02 - 15.26.17.png
Sonoma 14.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What is the build date under the Support tab? It should be "Nov 1 2023"

Képernyőfotó 2023-11-03 - 15.05.02.png

Not good enough ;) Please re-download the latest update using the php links.
Let me know if I should send you the download links.

no need, I have them from the order confirmation email, oh nice
Képernyőfotó 2023-11-03 - 21.28.02.png
a secret build, de tényleg jó most :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGo-Em9YtSA

For feedback, the custom voicing should be visible throughout its entire length, or at the very least, it should bring back the last state (using it the current way disrupts the flow). The generator needs to be manually updated (I noticed that auto-refresh isn't enabled in the video; I turned it off because it wasn't functioning correctly). I've combined both methods, so for so good :). It's particularly great that it works from the generator of just one "master" clip while all the rest are ghosted with different voicing (but common note-offset) :clap:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”