Location Location Location

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok. Ihave several HoRnet plugins that I really like. I just got the HA2A and did a blind comparison to Pro C 2, and the HA2A won. I was amazed Anyway, I can't locate the plugin. It is not in Components (Mac) with the others. I wanted to see the coloration in Plugin Doc, but I can't find it. LPX can find it because it is insertable. I even did a search for HA2A. Any ideas? TIA
RV

Assuming you have the audio unit installed, and used the HoRNet installer, look in the user library rather than the system library:
/Users/[username]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Was just told by HorNet support that the next version of HorNet Doln will allow you to choose your install location.

I own 8 Hornet plugins, and none of them are in the usual components folder

Wizardofvoz wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:54 pm I own 8 Hornet plugins, and none of them are in the usual components folder
You can freely move the components from the user's library to the system library if you prefer.

Installing on the system library requires super user privileges, we try to not mess with system directories (as suggested by Apple itself) so we have decided to install in the user's library.

Unfortunately on windows this is not possible for example and the installer has to require administrative privileges (IMHO a bad choice as far as computer security goes)

Saverio

Saverio, I would say you are doing installation a proper and secure way, and agree that requiring super user privs if even just during install is a slippery security slope.

Just wish you would sign your plugins so I don't have to manually grant them gatekeeper bypass. I understand that dev signing cert comes with a cost, but how much is it per year?

kidslow wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:41 am Saverio, I would say you are doing installation a proper and secure way, and agree that requiring super user privs if even just during install is a slippery security slope.

Just wish you would sign your plugins so I don't have to manually grant them gatekeeper bypass. I understand that dev signing cert comes with a cost, but how much is it per year?
Hi, installing using DoIn should not ask you to bypass anything, did you installed the plugin manually?

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:53 am Hi, installing using DoIn should not ask you to bypass anything, did you installed the plugin manually?

Saverio
Yes I install them manually as I have been doing all along and you provide the pieces to do so. DoIn is not signing your plugins though.

kidslow wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:43 pm
HoRNet wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:53 am Hi, installing using DoIn should not ask you to bypass anything, did you installed the plugin manually?

Saverio
Yes I install them manually as I have been doing all along and you provide the pieces to do so. DoIn is not signing your plugins though.
Nope they are not signed and there is a technical reason for this and until macOS can load them unsigned we won't sign them.

Going more technical, our plugins does not have any kind of protection except for a small watermark containing the email address of the plugin owners added to the plugin binary when it's downloaded from our website. So the binary is modified at download time, to sign the plugin we should run code sign at download time this requires or a Mac server (which very few hosting company offers) or a linux clone of codesign (which as far as I know does not exists)

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 am Going more technical, our plugins does not have any kind of protection except for a small watermark containing the email address of the plugin owners added to the plugin binary when it's downloaded from our website. So the binary is modified at download time, to sign the plugin we should run code sign at download time this requires or a Mac server (which very few hosting company offers) or a linux clone of codesign (which as far as I know does not exists)
Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I will just keep releasing them from quarantine manually.

kidslow wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:32 pm
HoRNet wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 am Going more technical, our plugins does not have any kind of protection except for a small watermark containing the email address of the plugin owners added to the plugin binary when it's downloaded from our website. So the binary is modified at download time, to sign the plugin we should run code sign at download time this requires or a Mac server (which very few hosting company offers) or a linux clone of codesign (which as far as I know does not exists)
Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I will just keep releasing them from quarantine manually.
Well this is what DoIn should do, it seems weird you keep on having the quarantine flag after installing with DoIn. Also funny enough I found that if you use Safari to download the plugins it'll unzip automatically the archive and remove the quarantine flag...

HoRNet wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:50 am Well this is what DoIn should do, it seems weird you keep on having the quarantine flag after installing with DoIn. Also funny enough I found that if you use Safari to download the plugins it'll unzip automatically the archive and remove the quarantine flag...
I don't use DoIn and I hope you continue to allow individual plugin installation manually. I definitely don't allow Safari to unzip downloads automatically.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”