Faderport v2 issue. Not following mouse selected channels (usually)

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Cubase 12 and many other previous versions, when I selected a channel, faderport v1 would automatically be ready to control/increase/decrease volume of selected channel. With v2, this works for maybe the first 3-5 channels but then it doesn't follow mouse selection and I am forced to use the next/previous/knob button to control any further channels. For example, if I am on channel 14 and try to use the v2 volume slider/fader, it will go back to like channel 3 and start controlling that one. Frustrating. Is there a solution? Updated firmware, ran universal control. Used Next/Bypass to select Cubase. The rest seems to work, and when channel selected via device all seems to work. But not if higher number channel is selected by mouse.

Alex.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

musicdoc wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:51 am Frustrating. Is there a solution?
Do you know about the script for the Faderport V2? Two people mapped out a script you install in Cubase, and it works much better than what Presonus themselves provide..
(most recent versions links will be towards the bottom, but best to read the whole thread)

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/presonus ... ipt/781177

Is there anyone here that uses Faderport v2 here with Cubase and can select any channel via mouse and have it control the volume? It seems like it only does this in banks of 8. You have to scroll to the bank of channels via the faderport and only then will it work. This worked fine with Faderport v1
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

:roll: These issues are related to the Mackie Control protocol. If your Faderport is on the latest firmware, and set to Cubase mode, then there’s not much else you can do on your end.

The alternative is to side step using the Mackie Control protocol with the script already linked. It uses the new Cubase MIDI scripting support instead of Mackie.

I was thinking I was having an error but you are right, that's the way it is.

The V1 faderport had its own specially designed program that ran inside of the midi devices and every channel was selectable. Of course now Cubase is all 64 bit so the drivers no longer play nice so it was time to move on. So when I ran into this issue I just thought something was wrong on my end. After a bunch of back and forth with Presonus, looks like they cheapened out, went strictly with the Mackie midi protocol and now the device is a bit more limited with Cubase with only 8 channels available at a time. I'm sure it works perfectly on StudioOne. Ah well. I guess I'll have a look at that 3rd party program.

Thanks.

musicdoc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 amI'm sure it works perfectly on StudioOne. Ah well. I guess I'll have a look at that 3rd party program.
The Cubase script linked needs the Faderport to be set to Studio One mode. So make sure your controller is in Studio One mode if / when you try it. This is because, in Cubase mode, less functionality is exposed by Presonus on the MIDI side (go figure.. ).

"Script" doesn't quite do it justice either - I think they're over 6,000 lines of code at this point. So it's enabling quite a lot of things, and going far beyond any functionality Presonus ever intended to be available to Cubase users ;)

BTW Forgot to add - it will also allow your channel volume settings to be tracked.. so you can select a channel with your mouse and the Faderport will adjust its fader to that setting, provided the fader is set to "volume" and "bi-directional". You can also switch this off so the fader isn't being moved every time you switch tracks.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”