Choose Folder

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone!

In recent months, I've received several emails from individuals who have installed some of my plugins. When they open them, they sometimes see one or more different plugins, either mine or from other companies that use Maize Sampler.

I believe this issue occurs when someone selects an entire location containing *.instruments folders, rather than just selecting the root folder of the corresponding instrument.

I've emailed Xiang, suggesting that he implements a method to 'forget' folders selected using the 'choose folder' method.

What has been your experience with this? How do you usually resolve it?

Maize Sampler version 2.9.5

I think the best way around this is to clarify in the setup instructions for users to make double sure to select yourvendor.instruments folder and not a parent folder above this, I'm sure some users probably throw this folder in their main folder along with their other samples folders inside. I agree though we need a way to have a forget folder option on the player though.

Also to add, how have you been instructing the users to reverse this? To get up and running correctly? This might be helpful information for the mean time for myself and other users who encounter this too.

Possibles scenarios:

User selects instruments folder from another developer

I give instructions to the user to temporarily rename that folder selected by mistake, then when opening the plugin, indicate the correct path again.

User selects folder with *.instruments from various developers

I give instructions to the user to temporarily move that *.instruments folder selected by mistake to another place, then when opening the plugin, indicate the correct path again. Then return the moved folder to the same place where it was.

Return to “Maizesoft”