Remote Control doesn't respond to Intech Studios EF44

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

After exhaustive effort, MIDI learn from Remote Control will not respond to Intech Studios EF44. However, Patchwork doesn't seem to have any problems recognizing the controller.

Please advise.

sekrit_studios wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:20 pm Hi!

After exhaustive effort, MIDI learn from Remote Control will not respond to Intech Studios EF44. However, Patchwork doesn't seem to have any problems recognizing the controller.

Please advise.
if PatchWork works there is no reason why the Remote Control would not work too.

1. Have you checked in the Remote Control if your device is listed as inputs?
2. If the MIDI device is connected via USB, you need to make sure that it is up and running before launching the Remote Control App (MIDI devices are listed upon startup)
3. If you are running Windows, you may not be able to use the same device in two applications at the same time. So you need to make sure that no other app using the MIDI device is running before Launching the Remote Control.

I hope this helps!

Sorry for the delay... I did quite a bit of testing to figure out what was going on. I have no way to post a video here, but tried posting on Twitter to you.

Today (using patchwork as a host) I was able to get "Remote Control" to function with device via MIDI learn. I was also able to get Patchwork to do so (again).

...However, it STILL fails when in "Standalone Version" of "Remote Control. MIDI learn will not function on "Remote Control" for ANY device which I use.

Here is the Video link: https://t.co/cShKGgcHlo

One more thing: have you checked that the audio engine ine the Remote Control app is marked as "running"? It requires the audio interface to work properly to get a proper clock for MIDI.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”