Plug'n Script - Native C++ Tutorial by musician and YouTuber Beats Basteln

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This video posted by youtuber Beats Basteln (https://beatsbasteln.bandcamp.com/) shows you how to convert your anglescript-based Plug’n Script projects into native C++ ones.

That means:
  • Improved performance
  • Being able to use C++ Features
Blog post: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-o ... basteln-3/

Thanks for this. I intend to try this soon.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Is there any limitations if you use native c++ with your SDK?

Edit: I'm know Delphi better, programmed in some c like scripting language (Source Pawn from Alliedmodders).

Edit 2: Is it recommended to use Angelscript to get a basic running plugin, then convert it to native OR ??

If you are new to plugin programming then starting with angelscript is the way to go (no compilation, it's all cross platform and pretty easy to program). Converting later to C++ is very easy too (see the examples).

There is no particular limitation when using C++. You could actually write a simple wrapper to a Delphi API in C if you prefer Delphi.

The only thing that comes to mind when you said wrapper is Delphi making DLL calls. That would mean it would have to embed your DLL, then extract it on usage or something?

gtimmons wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:10 pm The only thing that comes to mind when you said wrapper is Delphi making DLL calls. That would mean it would have to embed your DLL, then extract it on usage or something?
I guess you could just add it to the plug--in as a resource and load it via the C API. Someone already did a similar wrapper for RUST if I remember well.

Is there any source code that you can point to for that or does that come with the full version?

I could then ask the Delphi community for help on that if I had a basic idea where to start.

Are you basically saying that your plugin script will load my Delphi program or the Delphi program needs to load your plugin script?

I'll download the demo version tonight, take a look around the internet.

I really want to try and build a Delphi wrapper. If I'm successful, I'll post a GitHub version and link it back here.

gtimmons wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:53 pm Are you basically saying that your plugin script will load my Delphi program or the Delphi program needs to load your plugin script?
Plug'n Script loads the binary script wrapper developed in C that then loads the Delphi binary. You could do that with Python as well, and any other language that supports C bindings.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”