Drawing in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You know, that sounds even better than freedraw. Thanks much for your efforts--

You would still also need freehand drawing into the osc editors though - I presume you can draw automation envelopes already then? (I tend to record and edit afterwards if needed so have not yet tried this but some people do draw them by hand)

Forgive my ignorance but why is it so important to have curves, how much difference is in such details, when music is playing surely you listen to the thing as a whole rather than scrutinising it. Im willing to be proven wrong though so feel free to explain.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

It's not a dealbreaker or anything, I just like to have a freedraw option. I'm new to Mulab so there might be a way, but it looks like straight line drawing is the only way (in editing recorded parameter changes from vsts), but as Jo said a few posts ago he's considering a way to convert the changes into multipoint which sounds great. I do a lot of vst tweaking, and Podium was great for that but it's gone to the wayside, so ere I am! And I'd like to be able to listen to it as a whole AND scrutinize it, the beauty of digital music making. Im a curve freak, what can I say?

There are two ways to manage plugin automation -- with a "normal" event track or within an automation track. In the former, you can draw "freehand" straight-line automation. In the latter, you have multi-segment curve-drawn automation. The former is really a sub-set of the latter, though, so it would be nice to be able to have just one set of tools.

pljones wrote:..., so it would be nice to be able to have just one set of tools.
+1 - uh, no, +100!
And anyhow aligned to a sequence track, similar to the event track / editor. But I think it's difficult due to the completely different approaches of (individually editable) events vs. automation curves.

What about an "aligned multi-part-window"? Where two or more sequence editors are docked correctly at the timeline? This also may satisfy the ghost-note-fraction.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

muld really needs this updated

mulab really needs this updated aslongyou can still do it through automation do for now sorry didnt know that i posted it twice

Is there a way to freehand draw the new curves? Or record parameter changes as such?

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:17 am Is there a way to freehand draw the new curves?
No.
Or record parameter changes as such?
Yes: Click record and move the parameter slider/knob.

pljones wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 pm There are two ways to manage plugin automation -- with a "normal" event track or within an automation track. In the former, you can draw "freehand" straight-line automation. In the latter, you have multi-segment curve-drawn automation. The former is really a sub-set of the latter, though, so it would be nice to be able to have just one set of tools.
I'm sorry, in the second question I meant to say is there a way to hit record and have automation show as a curve? It goes to straight line automation.

Deleted

mutools wrote: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 pm Regarding automation curves: Indeed, currently only straight line segments.

Note that you can make smooth curves using multiple straight lines too.

Automation curve editing will be further improved in future version(s).
If the Automation lanes handled the automations like clips (loopable etc) it would feel less clunky tbh.

Hope this is part of the improvement plans.

Yes.

Return to “MUTOOLS”