Parameter Value Randomizer

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I don't really understand how the Parameter Value Randomizer works. If I put it for e.g. in a synth rack, I can see how the sliders and knob settings of the synth change, but I did not hear anything. Some advice? Thanks!
Chris

Whether a certain parameter change makes a difference in sound depends on the sound and parameter.
So please elaborate on the concrete case you encountered.

First of all, is it correct to put the Parameter Value Randomizer in a rack before the instrument like in the pic?
mu.jpg
I want to randomize the Filter Freq., I see the knobs moving but there is no sound...

Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I am.
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Try This
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for your effort!
But I would prefer an explanation how to use the Parameter Value Randomizer in general. If I want to use it on a VST for e.g. the MUX you sent me unfortunately would be useless.
Kind regards!
Chris

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing incorrect here? I'm attempting to apply the value randomizer to a VST or Mux. As far as I can tell it does not work by simply inserting it into a rack next to an effect or instrument, so I built a "container" to connect it to a slot. This works, it does what I want it to do, always triggering into the random parameter for glitch effects, but I get a log file error at shutdown.
Last edited by TorresBob88 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

Which MuLab version?

9.5, lifetime licence

I'm interested in the correct way to use the Parameter Value Randomizer. I dont know of this is the correct way at all, but this is the only way I've found to get it to work. To get it to recognize the parameters, and create sound without cutting the output off. Which is what happens if I just put it in a Rack.

Just being able to drop it in a Rack next to an Effect or Instrument, like a Filter or Amp audio processor Mux works, would be wonderful. I dont know if that is a feature that can be requested or possible.

My FR on this module would be that each of the eight Target Parameters have its own Trigger note - that way I could randomize different parts of a synth or fx at different times in a sequence.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

elviecho wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 am First of all, is it correct to put the Parameter Value Randomizer in a rack before the instrument like in the pic?
I want to randomize the Filter Freq., I see the knobs moving but there is no sound...
Putting the Randomizer before the module is correct but you should try changing the Trigger Note to just a single note like C0 and put in a small C0 note each time you want the Randomizer to activate otherwise the module won't allow the notes through that you want played to be heard.

sdv wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:13 pm
elviecho wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 am First of all, is it correct to put the Parameter Value Randomizer in a rack before the instrument like in the pic?
Putting the Randomizer before the module is correct ...
I'm pretty sure that it cannot be placed in a rack like that. If you try to set the parameters, it wont grab any settings out of the VST/MUX. Some modules are just not capable of being dropped in like that. I think probably most of them dont work that way. Other then EQ's and Filters and Amps and audio processor things.

I think I have figured out the problem I'm having though. The randomizer takes more processing power then I would have assumed. Especially if I'm using it for constant randomizing from any key input. This overwhelms the DAW, and it starts kicking out log files and strange malfunctions. Malfunctions that seem bewildering, because they dont seem related to the specific issue. ...a randomized malfunction.
I got so excited about a randomizing function that I can stick on anything, that I stuck it on everything. I stuck 5 inside of every drum pad, for every slot and setting I could jack into, which is what, 60? And just having them in there, even without hooked into a parameter, started malfunctioning the DAW in little confusing ways.

So, the Randomizer MUX has to be applied, ARTFULLY. Its like tabasco, you cant just throw it on everything. You have to put it where you need it, in your project, one at a time, as the project can handle. There's no point pre-installing them. So to that end, I simply built, a SINGLE random container. And it works. It will randomize any VST.

I have downloaded the "single Randomizer " mux but Mulab complains it cant load preset file, any ideas ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Just noticed you are using 9.5, mine is 9.4, how do I get 9.5 ?
edit : its ok I just found it.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

TorresBob88 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:48 am
sdv wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:13 pm
Putting the Randomizer before the module is correct ...
I think I have figured out the problem I'm having though. The randomizer takes more processing power then I would have assumed. Especially if I'm using it for constant randomizing from any key input. This overwhelms the DAW, and it starts kicking out log files and strange malfunctions. Malfunctions that seem bewildering, because they dont seem related to the specific issue. ...a randomized malfunction.
I got so excited about a randomizing function that I can stick on anything, that I stuck it on everything. I stuck 5 inside of every drum pad, for every slot and setting I could jack into, which is what, 60? And just having them in there, even without hooked into a parameter, started malfunctioning the DAW in little confusing ways.

So, the Randomizer MUX has to be applied, ARTFULLY. Its like tabasco, you cant just throw it on everything. You have to put it where you need it, in your project, one at a time, as the project can handle. There's no point pre-installing them. So to that end, I simply built, a SINGLE random container. And it works. It will randomize any VST.
That's a lot of modules and indeed, you may have overwhelmed the DAW. However, it may mean memory leaks in the module itself. And, if my suggestion to have each of the eight parameters be activated by their own key then so many instances of the module may not be needed.

Return to “MUTOOLS”