foldable window header idea

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:30 pm Here are similar mockups for PSP Pianoverb:
PSP Pianoverb Org Win.png
PSP Pianoverb Folded Win.png
What do you guys think about this solution?
:tu: Looks great to me

I second Mr. Semper's emotion, great idea and quick work! Seems like all devs put their resize arrows in the right corner, right where I can't reach it. And some devs have their own top toolbar, and when added to the Mulab bar it can be a bit much.
So yeah, go for it Jo! (If it's not much bother)

+1 Looks great!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I think I'd rather have all the window controls together - top right for Windows, top left for MacOS. Cuts down on the number of places to look for things. The "unfold" certainly feels at home with "minimize", for example. As you can see in PianoVerb, its own menu is on the right, too, so finding the Settings tools above for MuLab seems right, too (from a Windows user perspective). (And "enable" is a "setting" that's just exposed visibly, really...)

That would result in (too) many window buttons together:
BasicSynth Modular Folded Win Uniside.png
Personally i prefer the standard window buttons at the right side on Windows and at the left side on Mac, and the folded buttons on the other side, cfr previous mockups.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Split them as the original mockups. Too many buttons together imo if lumped to one side.

Here is a first beta version with the foldable top controls:
viewtopic.php?p=8846142#p8846142

Return to “MUTOOLS”