Project are rather larger in size than expected

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just upgrading all my projects and clearing out some stuff yesterday. I found that some of the projects are a lot larger for some reason. Once I checked the folders I found that the samples used for loops have been duplicated and have a new extension, unsure at present what that is, but also have

Code: Select all

(Remastered) 
after the file name.

These new versions are mostly significantly larger too. Several of them are 3 times larger than the original sample?

Why are they there?
Is it safe to delete these?

The "Remastered" does not come from MuLab. It must be something on your end.

A bit of size difference between M8 <> M9 is possible, but if it's really a big difference maybe you have embedded samples?

I did embed samples but thought that's the point of the Audio folder within the Project folder?

Only MuLab uses these samples. So I really don't know where that's coming from then!

Sorry, my mistake, it doesn't say (Remastered), it says [Resampled] after the file name.
An example: MiniNova-A2-OxyString 3[Resampled].MuWave

Meaning this is related to MuLab. So, my questions still apply...
Why are they there?
Is it safe to delete these?
Will deleting them affect the project in any way?

The ...[Resampled].MuWave file is created for an audio file that have a different samplerate than the audio engine samplerate. These ...[Resampled].MuWave files can be safely deleted but will possibly be recreated if the samplerate differs.

I've checked the manual but am unable to locate any info on the actual file formats supported, I thought it was discussed here.
Could you tell me the exact formats that are supported or provide a link in the manual please, thanks.

Thanks Jo

Return to “MUTOOLS”