2%
Skin 12
36%
Skin 13
17%

Total votes: 321

RELATED
PRODUCTS

To be honest I'm surprised that 12 is so far in the lead (double at the time of this post). That's the one I'll be using but I thought the more colorful options would win out.

Tone 2 said "27 skins" but I think they might be counting the keyboard/no keyboard options. Still everyone should be able to find something they like.

I'm hoping the skin files will be exposed to the end user so we can tweak them as I find that a fun pastime when my ears are tired.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Without any hesitation on the 12.

Classy, ​​sober.

TBH they are not really that diff, just lots of colour changes, most of which are def not to my taste.

12 is OK, but I would change the colour of the displays (not a fan of those on any gui)

I’ll probably end up using 12 most likely but 6 or 12 are nice and are more recognizable as Icarus from a distance but with a nice makeover

I'm not color-blind, but it would be nice to know if there are any accessible or color-blind user-friendly skins.

Why is oscillator 2 always a different color than oscillators 1 & 3? That is very confusing to me.

It would make much more sense to have the oscillators all be the same color and the modulation sources all be a different color.

voted
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Deadzone_Music wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:38 pm Why is oscillator 2 always a different color than oscillators 1 & 3? That is very confusing to me.

It would make much more sense to have the oscillators all be the same color and the modulation sources all be a different color.
Oscillator 2 is in granular mode, not wavetable mode.

The problem is that some skins are not showing as much information, eg. modulation.

skin 8
EXT3 - FL Studio 24 | Surge - Discovery PRO - Classic Boxes Collection - U-he Filterscape - NI Massive - NI Kontour - NI Spark - JP6K - Variety of Sound

mevla wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:14 pm The problem is that some skins are not showing as much information, eg. modulation.
Because they show different tabs. Some screens show the arp instead of the matrix

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:27 am Because they show different tabs. Some screens show the arp instead of the matrix
Take screens 10 and 12. I don't see any modulation information around the knobs in 12 as obvious as in 10. In 12 it's the grey zones on the knobs themselves. 10 shows 2 different colours around some knobs.

I think I like 10 the most, followed closely by 6, but they’re all very well done even if I don’t personally love some of the color choices.

27 skins is very generous. I’d love to see the others that aren’t being considered for the default one.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

i like 10 most, also followed by 6.
12 is nice, but lacks in some details. As has. been posted.

The fonts are too dark on all of them, exept of #7. Could even be brighter.

Dark fonts (grey on black ground) looks to me, like it´s a new pester in the software world.
i totally hate it. But YMMV

Return to “Instruments”