DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.2)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Is NI S Series MkIII Keyboard support coming?

Is NI S Series MkIII Keyboard support coming?

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:42 pm Is NI S Series MkIII Keyboard support coming?
Yes. But for the time being you can also use the Mk2 implementation.

moss wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:53 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:42 pm Is NI S Series MkIII Keyboard support coming?
I'm surprised that works for the series III?

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:54 pm
The protocol is actually the same with only some slight changes.

moss wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:14 pm
HPKVR wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:49 pm Hi Moss,
I have a request for Akai APC40 Mk2 Clip/scene control. Cursor up/down moves focus by 1 scene, with shift by 5 scenes 1-5 to 6-10 etc. But cursor left/right moves focus by 8 clips/tracks 1-8 to 9-16 etc. (not by 1 as expected) and with shift it does nothing. So I can't focus/shift tracks using left/right cursor. Can you change this behaviour so that cursor left/right moves focus by 1 clip/track and shift+cursor left/right moves focus by 8 clips/tracks.

Thank you
Petr
This is coming up from time to time and I already changed this quite often :-)
Maybe I will revisit this again but not any time soon.
Thanks for an answer Moss, but let me explain, why it is crucial and why this is for me live performance workflow killer:

1) I can't focus e.g. tracks 3-10 or 12-19 etc. ...it is impossible with your script (no problem with BW script), so I need to switch back and forth between 1-8 and 9-16 etc.

2) When I have selected e.g. track 3 and switch to 9-16 track, then switch back to 1-8, it looses my selected track 3 and automatically select track 8 (with native BW script it remembers my selected track 3 when i move focus with left/right arrows) and when I switch to 9-16 again it selects track 9 automatically, so I need select track every time again

So if you can change it, please change it :pray:
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, Ryzen7 5800H, 8C/16T, 32MB RAM, 2x1TB M.2, NVIDIA RTX3060 Laptop GPU, Bitwig Studio 5.x, Presonus Studio One 5/6, Presonus Studio 26c, Presonus ATOM SQ, AKAI APC40 MKII, Evolution UC-33e, M-Audio Radium 49, Studiologic VMK 188 Plus

moss wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:34 am
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:54 pm
The protocol is actually the same with only some slight changes.
Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NxVkpWLnu4

Awesome thanks - is this for Reaper too?

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:19 pm Awesome thanks - is this for Reaper too?
Yes.

pro/cons Push MK1 vs Launcpad Pro MK1 ?

I have programmed my EC4 with the Generic Flexi script. Thanks a lot for that fantastic tool! Is there any way to map the volume of channels 9 - 16 in the same way that channels 1-8 can be mapped? I just want to have the volume of the first 16 channels in Bitwig mapped to the 16 knobs of the EC4.

moss wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:04 pm
matomaus wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:50 am Hi Moss,
the customer service wasn´t any help. They just suggested, that the launchkey 88 was released after the other Launchkeys and that the script, you wrote, wouldn't fit for the 88 version. They proposed, that i should use the native Launchkey Script from Bitwig. But your script has much more features, and besides that, the native Version from Bitwig doesent show anything on my display as well. I afterwards installed an Ableton Live lite version on my computer, to find out, if the display would work there properly, and it did. So here is my question: Do you know from other users, if your script did show anything in the display on other Launchkeys 88s or have you used it with a Launchkey 88 yourself? If not, would it be an option, that i send my Launchkey 88 to you and you check the script on that device. May be the display is adressed differently on the 88 version.
Regarding the Browser: I will write to the Bitwig on that matter.
Thank you very much for your time an help,
Nikolas from Frankfurt
Since I never got an error report for the 88 model, I simply supposed it worked. Who could think that they changed the sysex header for the 88 model. Argh!!!! Why?
But they have a good tradition for such things, there are no 2 Launchpad models with the same protocol!

Also the fader modes were inactive for the 88 model. Will both be fixed in the next update.
Will PM you a test version...
Hi Moss,
thank you very much for your test version. It seems to work fine. Everything is shown in the display and the Fader-Modes are working correctly. It is a pleasure to work with the Launchkey 88 that way!!!
At the opening of Bitwig, when i switched the Faders to device-Mode, the values were shown strangely in The Computer-screen, but correctly in the Launchkey display. When i changed the Fader-Modes and switched back to the device-Mode, the Computer-Screen behaved correctly.

Another suggestion for the script:
At the moment, when you hold down the Device-Select Butten, only the Pads are used. Would it be possible in that mode, to use the Buttons under the faders to show and toggle the status of the "Switch Playback to Arranger" (Wiedergabe auf Arranger umstellen) Buttons in the tracks of Bitwig? I don't know, how easy it is, to program that in the script, but i think, it would be quite useful.

Thank you very much for your wonderful work and emidiate support. You are a Hero and a genius!

Nikolas from Frankfurt

phelios2063 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:33 pm I have programmed my EC4 with the Generic Flexi script. Thanks a lot for that fantastic tool! Is there any way to map the volume of channels 9 - 16 in the same way that channels 1-8 can be mapped? I just want to have the volume of the first 16 channels in Bitwig mapped to the 16 knobs of the EC4.
The EC4 is now directly supported which allows you to do that.

DrivenByMoss 23.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • LaunchkeyMini Mk3
    • New: In Custom mode Shift+Arp/FixedChord toggles between track/remote parameters and the program change buttons switch pages now to be consistent with device mode.
  • Launchkey
    • Fixed: 88 version was not fully supported. Display and fader modes did not work.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Project/Track params mode: color indication on scene buttons were missing.
  • Native Instruments Kontrol
    • New: Added support for Mk3 keyboards.
    • New: Added Track and Project parameter modes for S, A and M keyboards.
  • OSC
    • New: Added /device/layer/{1-8}/volume/reset
    • New: Added /device/layer/{1-8}/pan/reset
    • New: Added /device/layer/{1-8}/send/{1-8}/volume/reset
    • Fixed: /track/{1-8}/send/{1-8}/volume/indicate did set the volume to 0.
    • Fixed: /track/{1-8}/send/{1-8}/volume/touched did set the volume to 0.

https://youtu.be/kTdJi3WnPzY

Enjoy!

Hi Moss,

Nice! I was waiting for this, thanks so much!

One thing that is a bit of a pain:

- Add bitwig device, e.g. Polymer
- New track with Kontakt 7 which turns the keyboard into NI's plugin control mode
- Go back to Polymer track and switch to Parameter mode (pressing the DAW Mode button)
- Now when going back to the Kontakt 7 track it lost connection and there is no way to get back into the Plug-in mode other then opening op the UI and click File>Komplete Kontrol S61.

The official Bitwig S61 Mk3 driver knows when Kontakt is a selected device and the keyboard switches modes accordingly, I was hoping this would still work the same way.

I've just tested and do see that Komplete Kontrol plugin IS actually working, so it's isolated the the Kontakt 7 plugin...

Is this something that is fixable or are you limited in what you can do here?

Thanks!

Return to “Controller Scripting”