Is this mix of LFO and envelope possible in the mods?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I have the following problem:

I'm using MCCGenerator to create an envelope to control the cut-off of a filter (Cytomic's The Drop).

I'm creating a Moog style synth mono bass, so i need legato playing, so the envelope should not retrigger when i play legato.

It seems (correct me if i'm wrong) that i can't use the envelope in MCCGen's mods because you can't set it up to not retrigger with each new MIDI note, so i'm using the custom shape LFO instead. Actually i don't mind this because i prefer to do custom envelopes with the LFO because you can hack visual feedback by putting the custom shape editor below the main LFO window.

But i only have one remaining problem: i don't have any control over the release phase of the envelope.

So i was wondering: could i use a second CC slot to only send a separate envelope release?
The problem seems to me that i need to tell this envelope: "sustain on full, and when you receive a note off, check what the current value is and substract X over Y period of time using this curve".
But how could i set that up?

Maybe i'm over thinking it, but i already tried it and i couldn't get the envelope to smoothly take over from the current value of the LFO envelope, it just jumps the value to it's own.

And a second question, related to this: if i also want to use MCCGen's MIDI section to introduce key tracking to the filter, this is kind the same problem, i need to "mix" this together with the LFO value. Is that possible?

Could the answer be in multiparameters? I never messed with them before!

Thanks!

I made a quick vid to explain what i mean, see below.

In it, you first see a slow filter sweep downwards.

Then, i introduce a second, faster LFO on the filter.

These two modulations are then mixed together so they're not fighting each other but being added together.

This is what i can't manage in the Melda modulation system.

I'm sure it's possible and i'm just being a dumbass!

https://youtu.be/9FYEn1csAtU

In one of the MODs enable "assignable parameter ranges" and use the other MOD to control that range. It can be kinda fiddly at times, but it works. You can also exploit multiparameters for that, where you can even use expressions if you feel extranerdy :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”