mStereoSpread: Is it supposed to be widening below min freq?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I thought that if mStereoSpread had the widening option on top disabled so I'm only using spread within spectral generator...

... that if I feed it a mono signal, it should leave anything below the minimum frequency and above the maximum frequency in mono, but split the range between them into the number of bands designated and alternate the panning on those bands R and L.

I'm testing it, though, and see that regardless of where I set the minimum band it is widening all the way down.

For instance, I have a sub where I want the fundamental (40hz to 90hz) range left in mono, but want to widen the overtones (200 to 1k range). No matter where I set the minimum freq, output shows the fundamental (which was input in mono) at full stereo width. This is true regardless of the focus setting.

What am I missing?

Annabanna wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:29 pm I have a sub where I want the fundamental (40hz to 90hz) range left in mono, but want to widen the overtones (200 to 1k range). No matter where I set the minimum freq, output shows the fundamental (which was input in mono) at full stereo width.
Some questions: If you have a single fundamental (a single frequency), then how can it be stereo, as opposed to just panned? What are you using to measure the stereo spread? Which spreading algorithm is being used (just the complementary EQ bands or the one involving delay)?

dmbaer wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:45 pm
Annabanna wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:29 pm I have a sub where I want the fundamental (40hz to 90hz) range left in mono, but want to widen the overtones (200 to 1k range). No matter where I set the minimum freq, output shows the fundamental (which was input in mono) at full stereo width.
Some questions: If you have a single fundamental (a single frequency), then how can it be stereo, as opposed to just panned? What are you using to measure the stereo spread? Which spreading algorithm is being used (just the complementary EQ bands or the one involving delay)?
Exactly.

Also note that it is filter based, so it's not like "over X Hz everything is wide, below everything is narrow", there's a region of "crossfade" (which is good!).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”