takeover mode in ableton for third party plugins.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
im new here.

I searched thru the forum to no avail.

I recently got a nanokontrol 2 midi controller which im intending to use as both a mixer controller and a plugin controller for ableton live lite (yes, lite), the problem is that when using third party plugins which have a midi learn function (specifically synth1) i get abrupt changes if i move a fader or a knob after changing a preset.

I know that live features a takeover mode thingy which is supposed to avoid such abrupt changes, but this doesnt seem to work for third party plugins.

Has anyone ever faced this problem? Is there any practical solution?

I'd love to be able to use synth1 mouselesslly without having this problem.

Thanks in advance.

One thing you probably could do is use the Live midimap function to map the synths parameters in Live, and then map the controller to Live (if that makes sense).
I'm pretty new to Live as well, so more practical solutions I don't have.

Thanks for such a quick response.
The problem here is that if i midimap each of the parameters of synth1, it will only work properly with one instance, whereas if i midilearn it within synth1 it will work in multiple instances.

100F wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm Thanks for such a quick response.
The problem here is that if i midimap each of the parameters of synth1, it will only work properly with one instance, whereas if i midilearn it within synth1 it will work in multiple instances.
Hello,
Have you found a good solution?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”