Does anyone know of a reason why Bitwig wont add grid lines through the waveform?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a sensible reason for not adding grid lines through the wave form as an option?

yes

no its dumb af

I don't get it either! I wish the gridlines were visible trough the clips

Studio One has that option. It's great :) Ableton/Cubase both have semi-transparent clips as default view, which is also great. Maybe we'll be lucky with Bitwig 5.2 ? Or 5.5 ? Or 6? ;D
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

I hope we do!

Not long ago, i wished for gridlines to be more visible because on "4K" it was like, Hello!? and someone must have agreed ;)
On REAPER, i don't tweak the arrange/items/markers for beauty primarily, it is more just about like they said in Top Gun, ok? ;)

This is a COMPLETE guess, based on working at software companies, I'm thinking internally it's largely down to some combination of.

1. It's not at the top of list of things they want to address
2. They are planning and/or working on a larger graphical overhaul or refactor, that includes certain customizability that they are including this as part of, and don't want to waste extra time implement a solution twice when they have bigger plans. Graphical updates are essentially "frozen" until thats complete.
3. Something aspect of the code or systems involved means implementing it is annoying to deal with and someone has taken a cursory stab at it, got annoyed, moved to something more important, and it always gets pushed back into the backlog until later.

gulugulufish wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:30 am This is a COMPLETE guess, based on working at software companies, I'm thinking internally it's largely down to some combination of.

1. It's not at the top of list of things they want to address
2. They are planning and/or working on a larger graphical overhaul or refactor, that includes certain customizability that they are including this as part of, and don't want to waste extra time implement a solution twice when they have bigger plans. Graphical updates are essentially "frozen" until thats complete.
3. Something aspect of the code or systems involved means implementing it is annoying to deal with and someone has taken a cursory stab at it, got annoyed, moved to something more important, and it always gets pushed back into the backlog until later.
Number 2 would be a charm, having full customizable themes/interface AND clip transparency slider... :pray:
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Just as long as they don't make me as Nervous as when they improved the Browser, be careful what you wish for ;) love the collection/favs So much now!
I slightly recall Bitwig had a Major setback for a full Year or something and had to totally rewrite stuff, hope they don't have any blockers now and can fully focus on what Ever they want to make possible for Bitwig.
If you ask me (that is not a dev) it looks like Bitwig must be a real fun (modern) DAW to be a Developer for, so Fast to throw out ideas and create music with :cool:

Return to “Bitwig”