Waveform 13 Piano Roll issue

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am a complete beginner with using Waveform 13 or any other DAWs for that matter, so I might have missed something. Also, I don't have an MIDI keyboard as I was hoping to create music solely using the software.
Anyways, my issue is quite simple: I want the chords in the MIDI clips on the tracks to make sounds. I have figured out how to add plugins to the tracks, and I have them correctly installed (probably). They work since when I double-click on it to adjust its various settings (while I have added it to a track) it makes sounds and I can play the piano on my keyboard. The VST plugin I have is the "Upright Piano".
So, I've added the plugin to the track and then insert a MIDI clip. Double-click and the piano roll appears. When I press the keys on the piano roll, it makes sounds so it must work. I then add chords to the piano roll, press play and nothing. It doesn't make any sound. I tried with another preinstalled VST and nothing again. So yeah, any help is appreciated!

I'm guessing that you haven't moused in a note in the piano roll to act as the root note for the chord?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Could you explain how it is done?

LuciusWetterau wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:25 am Could you explain how it is done?
OK say you want a C maj chord ..
  • Drag in a blank midi clip (using big red icon with + on it on top bar)
    Open up midi clip
    Click mouse on midi clip where you want the chord root to be (eg C)
    Making sure the note is highlighted, use chord menu to choose type of chord (eg Major triad)
    Voila the chord appears in the midi clip
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Thank you!

Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

Return to “Tracktion”