XRIFFz for MXXX (another synth instrument build) ( Guitar Synth )

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

XRIFFz is basically the idea to blend : Guitar / Synth / Spectrum

This is an instrument for MXXX (maybe someday MSF). I ran out of MPs in MXXX building it. :D

Hope it can function properly on your systems. Below is the dropbox link which includes the samples. I used the "compile bank" feature so that should be working as well. The samples are rough and I had to manually adjust some things but in the end I like the result. I wanted to include them in case you want to do other things. There are several sets of recording made of guitars. The main point of this instrument is the blending of guitar and sound design, not to be confused with a guitar instrument which would be much larger or based on physical modeling. :)
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ljryocf6 ... wxjzo&dl=0

I made a few videos about it, I will probably do a shorter one. I wanted to go over the details of the instrument.

1. It has a wide GUI and you may need to scale it down.
2. I had to use harmonizer to create fifths, instead of the normal way because it kept crashing the instrument.
3. It takes a second to load it.
4. Make sure to use the limiter on the final output of MXXX.
5. You have to experiment with it to get it to produce interesting things, the sounds from the start are not very unusual.

The idea behind XRIFFz is next generation lead sounds. These sounds take from the spectral domain and blend with the guitar. The synth is a good companion for the guitar but the additional sound design makes the tone become more distinct.

The GUI has changed a little since the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aysq3NZHvsU

I updated the file, noticed issue with 5ths. ;)

Here's the shorts version.
https://youtube.com/shorts/33iliB5gl6k

Wow, some interesting/brutal sounds and sound mangling going on there!

You should do something that matches the crazy neuro basses Alckemy gets out of Phaseplant. :) It's not my cup of tea, but it's among those things I feel is lacking showing off MSF/MXXX to that kind of crowd.

Anyway, thanks for adding cool stuff to mxxx!
Reaper | MComplete Bundle

Thank you. I'll check into it I've been seeing that synth around the radar for sure. After my taxes and some other stuff, the next plan is "Articulator" unless someone beats me to it. The idea is around 10 key articulation actions based on physical instruments with adjustable fine-tuning parameters, then another section with "DSP"-based effect articulations with the same fine-tuning. It's funny because I became obsessed with this and then MIDI 2 rolled around so I need to check into that because that has some multiple discovery for what I'm thinking. I wanted to be able to "re-articulate" as a post process. The idea is to take "MIDI mockup" and make it into a plugin, not as sophisticated but with enough to get some interesting things done. Working with the DSP articulation side takes it all to a whole new dimension. Even as I was building this, I stumbled into some oddities where MHarmonizer was able to transform the source completely aside from its harmonizing features. Today I realized that if I focus on the audio effect side instead of MIDI I can still run midi through it just change the detection but I'd get the added bonus of having something able to do both audio and midi (meaning software instruments). Instead of a "drum replacer" tool, it's an articulation replacement tool. I have quite a few of these instruments in mind, I just started developing based on things I'd use in my own work.

Return to “MeldaProduction”