Scroll to selected track in mixer

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a setting in Waveform 13 that will auto scroll to a track in the mixer and bring it to view when selected from the tracks arrangement window? It's a pain to have to manually scroll through a project of let's say 50 tracks or more in the mixer each time I want to make some changes on a track.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

This is a bit of a hack, but with a track selected option+left (alt on windows I think) will bring it into view in the mixer.

Should the selected tracks automatically stay in view when the selection changes, or should there be a hot key to bring them into view or should be be optional?

FigBug wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:05 am This is a bit of a hack, but with a track selected option+left (alt on windows I think) will bring it into view in the mixer.

Should the selected tracks automatically stay in view when the selection changes, or should there be a hot key to bring them into view or should be be optional?
In my opinion It should be selected automatically and stay in view, ie. Cubase and Studio One which is what I'm used to. One less step without having to click on shortcut keys. I'm not opposed to implementing an optional switch but automatic should definitely be one of the settings to select from.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

FigBug wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:05 am This is a bit of a hack, but with a track selected option+left (alt on windows I think) will bring it into view in the mixer.

Optional or not, it would be very helpful to see the track you're working on imediately in the mixer window ;-) As I said elsewhere, I sopped using Waveform quite while ago and now I'm surprised, the option is not there, when I came back. I forgot about it, and now, I'm strongly missing the feature :-D
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

I was pleasantly surprised to see this feature request added on the latest beta. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Return to “Tracktion”