Bitwig unisono spread

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed that when using unisono on wavetable oscillator, the starting position of each voice does not change randomly (as I would expect) every time I press a key.

To make it more obvious, you can press retrigger button on the oscillator to stack all the voices in to single louder one:

Then press it again:

And even when retrigger option is off, all of the voices are still stacked together.
I know there is an option called "Spread Unisono Phases" in the Inspector Panel but it gives you that static sound ( phase of each voice seems to not change with every key press ).

I want to have different phase for each voice with every key press like on every other synth - is it possible to archieve that in the grid ?

-edit-

Here I think this is what you want?

Just adjust the delay in voice stack inspector and that'll start each voice at a different phase, then use the random modulator to vary up the delay position slightly. Checking on an oscilloscope appears pretty varied up/random to me.

Maybe I'm brain farting and getting this all wrong but I think this is what you want? If I'm way off base, sorry!

Cheers
"music is the best"

Funk Dracula wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:18 am Maybe I'm brain farting and getting this all wrong but I think this is what you want?
Nope :p, but thanks for trying :tu:

Clarification: I dont want to randomize phase of a note but each voice in the unisono stack. And I mean unisono of wavetable oscillator - not the voice stack from inspector panel.

Funk Dracula wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:18 am -edit-
Just adjust the delay in voice stack inspector and that'll start each voice at a different phase, then use the random modulator to vary up the delay position slightly. Checking on an oscilloscope appears pretty varied up/random to me.

Cheers
Would using the "Phase" make any sense (purple connector)?

Maykie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:38 am I've noticed that when using unisono on wavetable oscillator, the starting position of each voice does not change randomly (as I would expect) every time I press a key.
I think I have found what you're looking for:
Select the Oscillator module in the grid then please look to the left.There's a big orange button "Spread Unisono Phase"

Return to “Bitwig”