[Dance] Tender

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

what do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/euphoric-feel/tender
Last edited by kvruser1000 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nobody?

I posted the track on April 4th and still worked on the mixing. Would be glad to gather some feedback here, especially about mixing / mastering. Thanks to those who listened to the track.

Nice positive vibe.
However, the intro is too long (peoples attention spans are short and they switch off easily).
The drum "pattern" is a complete mismatch, and just sounds clumsy.
Between 1:0 and 1:52 there is a huge breakdown, with not much variation, and so maintaining interest is very hard.
There's not much variation in melody too.
In terms of mixing, the low end is untamed.
Sorry to appear so negative, but just giving honest feedback which will help improve.
So in summary, you need to keep the intro interesting and short, and the break down shorter, and the variation needs to be improved a lot.

Is this your original composition? if you wanted to collab... I could have a go remixing it... if it's midi and not loops! I could try make it more aggressive.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Yes, this is my original composition. It's all midi - no loops used. Please send me a soundcloud link via private message before I make a decision. Thx.

Mixing update. What do you think mixing-wise? Anything positive / negative?

Your sound is soft and smooth, some people like this, others (like me) prefer things a bit more pumped and aggressive, even for softer tracks. Musically, nothing stands out as wrong. The parts moving independently of each other offer a nice contrast without clashing (I struggle a lot with this). The composition could make for a good happy hardcore track or the eurotrash sound I try to do.

I created a post on here with my latest release to platforms, spotify etc

viewtopic.php?p=8885351#p8885351

There's different songs on my soundcloud. 1 happy/eurocore teaser edit of a track and another full track for a remix comp. I don't upload much to soundcloud, tracks go direct to DJ's in the NE scene and I've just started releasing on spotify etc for the other stuff, only 2 tracks so far, 1 is an Extended of the other so ignore the DJ mix bars on that.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

I've removed my soundcloud address link from my reply as it puts a full player of my tracks in your thread, I didn't intend it to do that, Just the URL would be fine but a full player of multiple tracks in the actual post seems a bit excessive, not sure why it does that.

Anyone curious it's standard soundcloud url/mitchiemasha

No problem. You can show your soundcloud player if you like to. It doesn't bother me.

Mixing update. What do you think?

I think you may have made the dut da dut da, short stabby sound a bit too aggressive now, this over powers everything. That needs tucking back in a bit.

In my ears, everything sounds decent. I will let some days pass and have a listen again.

kvruser1000 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:26 am In my ears, everything sounds decent. I will let some days pass and have a listen again.
In that case there's no need to ask. The opposite usually happens to me. I get a brief moment of pure love for what I'm doing, the intense high of finally getting where I want to be at sonically. Then, reality smashes in... all I can hear are the errors, clashing frequencies, harshness, reverbs become sound instead of space, to pokey, not pokey enough, with zero depth, pure ugliness! with no idea how to fix it. Not to mention the lack of musical creativity. Especially after doing some critical referencing. No amount of EQ, Compression, Saturation, saves me, I've tried everything, minimal settings, hard settings, stacked settings, parallel settings, ducked settings, automated settings and every reverb I can get my hands on. It's a miracle I'm still alive!

Can I direct you to 1 of my uploads here as I've had no replies!
viewtopic.php?p=8889167#p8889167

Return to “Music Cafe”