BitWig 5.2 improvements - just a question to all those that sent a 'Please do this' to BitWig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I do have BitWig Studio 5.1 and I have been OK with it.

Mostly I do not like the 'limited' way to edit audio tracks - the rest is fine and I am not a hip-pop or similar kind of music maker on which BitWig certainly excels, but I do also like Ambient, so BitWig is excellent for that too.

Question: which 'improvement' that you did officially ask to BitWig are not realised on version 5.2 ?

Just curious.

Thanks all and happy music making 🎶😎
M

PS please be nice and polite, as this is a 'serious' question as in any other DAW or plug-ins, in the end it is the majority of users that must be happy.
KVRaudioline
:clap:

They came really close with the current precision editing to making Bitwig highly functional regarding audio editing. It's missing two major things in it still, and that is group editing and the ability to insert your playhead position to where your cursor has landed via the new keyboard navigation.

There are other things missing from editing, but what they gave us plus those two missing things are the basics of what one needs for audio editing.

Other things missing from audio editing: An anchor point for clip regions to move regions to a location via the anchor point or lock them down to absolute time via the anchor point. Strip silence. Some shuffle mode functionality (Bitwig has some of this, but it's still missing some functionality like the ability to copy then past a clip region later down the timeline with shuffle behavior.) The four point automation thing is a biggie that is missing to.

I was not expecting them to do the precision editing changes they did with 5.2 and was thrilled when I saw they added all this simple keyboard navigation, selection, and it's version of "tab to transient" functionality. MASSIVE step forward for Bitwig, they are very close now to eliminating the need to use another DAW for editing tasks. VERY close.
"music is the best"

Return to “Bitwig”