5.2 GUI Hardware acceleration.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 am
BobDog wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 pm With the new version, if you have a screen full of audio tracks, smallest vertical size, on 4K/5K and scroll around what fps do you see?
Can't tell you the exact fps, but on my m1 pro system, the drawing in the sequencer is way faster and way more constantly fluent now even with a lot of opened automation lanes, also those lags, for example while switching tracks, are gone. Feels to me now like it should have been always. Also startup time increased, the whole thing now feels snappy, not laggy anymore.

As for audio tracks, I barely use it, so I have nothing to tell here.
Thanks for the info, I don't have the beta but here I only get 10-15fps when using Audio tracks at the smallest size in 5.1.8. Midi tracks for me though are pretty smooth, I'll have a test with lots of automation...

I'll wait till it is out of beta and have a test with the trial version.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

jurij.es.a.szakkor wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:31 pm This transition must have been a lot of effort and hard work, well done Bitwig!
Yes, exactly. This has been well spent effort to keep Bitwig Platform future proof!

I FACED THIS PROBLEM TOO!!

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:32 am No, it uses some GFX lib which I think is based on Vulcan/Metal2.
It uses https://skia.org/

Return to “Bitwig”