Acustica Intros Dove: the luxurious velvet touch for your audio in a powerful creative tool.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After years of dedicated research, we are thrilled to introduce Dove, a revolutionary product in the Acustica domain.

Dove isn't just a regular plugin; it's an innovative tool that employs a unique algorithmic approach to enhance audio clarity and quality in real-time without compromising sound integrity. Designed for everyone, from amateurs to professionals, Dove offers an intuitive interface for precise audio improvements. While we respect our competitors' accomplishments, Dove stands out with its distinctive vision, providing an unmatched audio experience.

Overview

Dove represents the first-of-its-kind Acqua plugin suite that features a potent Dynamic Harmonics Compressor / Suppressor and a De-Harsher in a single plugin. It is available in VST2, VST3, AU and AAX formats for use with all major DAW software such as Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Cubase, etc.

Dove is an advanced audio processor that simplifies complex adjustments, making them quick and accessible, regardless of your expertise. Inspired by the brain's natural ability to adapt to audio environments, Dove utilizes sophisticated spectral processing to precisely manage each element within your mix, ensuring optimal placement and balance.

With Dove, you can refine your audio with unmatched precision, adjusting dynamic EQ bands down to 1/256 octave. This tool effectively eliminates overpowering tones, muddy bass, cluttered mids, and harsh highs, transforming your mix or recording effortlessly and efficiently.

Product Genesis: The Birth Of A New Approach

Our approach is to provide not just a tool exclusively dedicated to problem correction or fixing but a tool that can be used creatively. This is why we decided to handle the dynamic part through processing based on some of the most famous hardware dedicated to dynamic compression, for example, some FET and VCA machines used in all recording studios, but also to manage the same intervention curve of the sidechain with an analog emulation of a hardware equalizer.

The idea behind Dove is to have an instrument that is extremely musical in the way the intervention is applied and even fun in the way it operates. Most importantly, it manages the harmonics of an audio track’s spectrum in what we hope can be perceived as the most innovative way possible, somewhat like compressing using a compressor. Unlike spectral methods for managing this compression, we are leveraging techniques used in our most famous products, which are considered among the best in the audio landscape for the perceived audio quality.

Technology

In true Acustica style, Dove is based on convolution, dynamically applied to the signal, ultimately introducing intervention in an impulse response to which the convolution operator is applied.

The main feature of this mode is to ensure very high audio quality since FIR filters, by definition, do not add aliasing to the signal. Given we are dealing with FIR filters of a dynamic component, a small amount of aliasing may be introduced, but it is negligible in our context.

On the other hand, the dynamic part is applied as if the object were a sort of dynamic equalizer, ensuring that artifacts are extremely limited and moderated, even in this case. This is because the signal remains mostly on the dry part. To ensure maximum precision, we have included an oversampling algorithm, although the amount of aliasing introduced in the case of dynamic compressors is generally modest.

Therefore, Dove is designed to achieve a certain level of cleanliness. Alternative techniques would involve the use of filter banks, which generally tend to muddy the phase response or are limited in intervention, or FFT spectral processing, which can sometimes have problems due to the way the FFT window is performed and the numerical precision involved. In addition to this, since we trace everything back to the impulse response, we have been able to integrate the processing with a selection of processing that varies from minimum phase to linear phase but also includes all the intermediate nuances selectable with a control.

Key Features:

• Two different plugins to choose from (‘Dove flat’ and ‘Dove 3D’).
• Blend control from Linear phase filter to Minimum phase filter.
• De-Harshing functionality.
• Powerful range control acting over the entire frequency spectrum.
• Graphical visualization of the audio spectrum and interactive EQ display.
• Four Sensitivity modes to choose from.
• High-quality oversampling, up to 8x.
• Listening modes (Δ, LR, M, S).
• Resizable and responsive GUI.
• Factory Presets available.

What you get

Dove is an Acqua plugin suite that includes a total of 6 different plugins, consisting of:

• Dove (standard version with 3D GUI)
• Dove Flat (standard version with Flat GUI)
• Dove LP (Linear phase EQ version with 3D GUI)
• Dove LP Flat (Linear phase EQ version with Flat GUI)
• Dove ZL (Zero-Latency version with 3D GUI)
• Dove Flat ZL (Zero-Latency version with Flat GUI)

Dove includes two different GUIs to choose from:

- Dove: plugin version based on a 3D ‘Acustica’s classic-style’ GUI.
- Dove ‘Flat’: plugin version based on a 2D ‘modern-style’ GUI.
If you are an ‘analogue-lover’, you can work with Acustica’s classic style interface; if you
want to experience something never seen before here, choose the 2D modern interface
(Dove flat).

Image]

Dove GUI

Dove ‘Flat’ GUI

• Dove (flat or 3D GUI) is also available in two different options related to the functionality
of the linear phase filter:

- Dove: equipped with a linear phase activation button and a Blend control capable of
mixing from the linear phase filter, mixed, to the minimum phase filter.
- Dove LP: The plugin version lacks the Phase button (which is active by default) but has
only the blend control, which allows the linear phase filter to be mixed with the minimum
phase filter.

Each plug-in included in the Dove suite, except for the LP versions, comes in a “Standard”
version and an alternative “ZL*” version, which operates at *zero latency and is thus suitable
for use when tracking at the cost of extra processing resources.

NOTE: Choose the GUI you prefer at the outset. The plugin will not automatically replicate
the settings if you change the GUI at work started.

Dove | Demo.

https://youtu.be/d2hb2kpzqJs

Technical information & compatibility.

• Supported formats: VST2, VST3, AAX, and AU.
• Available sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz.
• Windows 10 and 11 compatible.
• macOS 10.15 (Catalina) to macOS 13 (Ventura) compatible.
• Intel, AMD, and ARM compatible.
• Apple Silicon native (Rosetta not supported).

Dove (Commercial A036 - Trial A002) public beta is available to purchase.
The Dove plugin suite is currently in its beta phase and is set to benefit from ongoing daily enhancements. This phase will continue until the official release of its first version. During this period, users can expect regular updates, including modifications and bug fixes, which will be available through updates to the Aquarius Desktop.

Price and availability.

Dove introductory price: €89 | 44% OFF until May 2, 2024 at 11:59 pm CET (reg. price €159) Get it here!

The product is at an introductory period for the first four weeks after public beta or until the first official version is released; this implies that the product may receive improvements, changes, or fixes available through Aquarius Desktop updates.

Try our FREE 30-Day Trial

Note: Dove trial version includes 44.1 - 48 - 88.2 - 96 kHz sample rates.
Please remember that trials expire 30 days after authorization, and we strongly recommend not using trial products in commercial sessions or any important project.

User’s manual:
Dove user's manual

Dove webpage: https://www.acustica-audio.com/shop/products/DOVE

This has some great potential as it does indeed sound really clean and impressive.

Unfortunately it has ALL THE TYPICAL ACUSTICA AUDIO traits. It's clunky. Mid-Side implementation makes zero sense (yet another AA plugin where obviously nobody has put any actual thought into it). It's buggy, as usual.. lost sound output from it within first 5 minutes requiring restart of plugin, controls are clunky and glitchy etc etc.

So yeah, another potentially good sounding plugin from AA but like the tradition has been for the past 10+ years, it's still exactly what you would expect from this company.

Also, why on earth are there two versions, DoveLP and Dove standard? The standard version has a toggle button for enabling linear phase which makes it identical, no?? Sigh.. will there ever be a day when AA releases a plugin that isn't weird in some way?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

To be fair and add some positives. This really, REALLY does sound superb. The different dynamics actions make a big difference in how the tonal taming reacts and feels. Overall this does indeed sound more "transparent" than Soothe2 or pretty much any of my other similar tools. It isn't as good at "detecting" problematic frequencies though, or at least it doesn't seem so but it's possible that I'm slightly blinded by the UI or the sheer transparency of the way Dove does it.

This is definitely going on the wishlist. I just hope the bugs can be ironed out and that the bizarre mid/side implementation is simplified and made much more usable. Mid/Side mode is done 1000 times better in Soothe2 and in Dove it's just plain broken and unusable as it completely changes the stereo image. You can't do any simple side reductions as the whole damn sound output goes to side only when you put the slider over to the side.. whereas in Soothe2 it's just the tilting of the internal sidechain, telling Soothe where to do the corrections. I really wish Dove had that capability.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Dove is currently in its beta phase and is set to benefit from ongoing daily enhancements.

During this period, users can expect regular updates, including modifications and bug fixes, which will be available through updates to the Aquarius Desktop.

Acustica Community wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:03 am Dove is currently in its beta phase and is set to benefit from ongoing daily enhancements.

During this period, users can expect regular updates, including modifications and bug fixes, which will be available through updates to the Aquarius Desktop.
"Dove introductory price: €89 | 44% OFF until May 2, 2024 at 11:59 pm CET (reg. price €159)"

I'm not acustomed to this public beta biz model. It seems the idea is to put Dove up for sale at a discount and simultaneously repair it, then when it's fully repaired have it for sale at the reg. price as fully functional?

It's interesting. I'm accustomed to the intro price being for the fully functional version. That working product sort of biz model is sexier, it seems. You get that breezy "Let the bugger rip!" sensation, as opposed to the, "Oh it's gone off the rails, again!" doldrums... clouds of doom...

uraniumbilly wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:56 am
Acustica Community wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:03 am Dove is currently in its beta phase and is set to benefit from ongoing daily enhancements.

"Dove introductory price: €89 | 44% OFF until May 2, 2024 at 11:59 pm CET (reg. price €159)"

I'm not acustomed to this public beta biz model. It seems the idea is to put Dove up for sale at a discount and simultaneously repair it, then when it's fully repaired have it for sale at the reg. price as fully functional?
Correct. Acustica Audio is headquartered on another planet. They have their own "unique" way of doing almost everything.

uraniumbilly wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:56 am

It's interesting. I'm accustomed to the intro price being for the fully functional version. That working product sort of biz model is sexier, it seems. You get that breezy "Let the bugger rip!" sensation, as opposed to the, "Oh it's gone off the rails, again!" doldrums... clouds of doom...
In general, we use the intro period not only for fixing possible issues with the product, but, as it happened many times to get feedback and implement new features or improvements.

Those who have been following us for some time know that thanks to user feedback, many products have been modified and improved thanks to it.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Fire The Dove (commercial A003 - trial A002 releases) is now available!

These plugins seamlessly integrate Dove's powerful features into simplified tools, offering the same functionalities with fewer controls and an incredibly intuitive workflow. Experience impressive ease of use and efficiency with these tools of unparalleled caliber.

The Dove suite now includes two new standalone plugins, Fire The Dove* and Fire The Dove MT*. These plugins are available in Aquarius as separate installs.

*Fire The Dove & Fire The Dove MT are part of the Dove suite and are free updates for current Dove owners.

Missed the introductory offer for Dove and need to get it now? Take advantage of the special combo back at the intro price of €89 (listed €159) and save 44% until June 5, 2024. Get it here!

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:41 pm This has some great potential as it does indeed sound really clean and impressive.

Unfortunately it has ALL THE TYPICAL ACUSTICA AUDIO traits. It's clunky. Mid-Side implementation makes zero sense (yet another AA plugin where obviously nobody has put any actual thought into it). It's buggy, as usual.. lost sound output from it within first 5 minutes requiring restart of plugin, controls are clunky and glitchy etc etc.

So yeah, another potentially good sounding plugin from AA but like the tradition has been for the past 10+ years, it's still exactly what you would expect from this company.

Also, why on earth are there two versions, DoveLP and Dove standard? The standard version has a toggle button for enabling linear phase which makes it identical, no?? Sigh.. will there ever be a day when AA releases a plugin that isn't weird in some way?
piqued my interest but demoing it is just too much work considering all the downsides.

You sure it's better than soothe2? Like sure sure?

Ploki wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:15 pm You sure it's better than soothe2? Like sure sure?
It seems to be a very different plugin from Soothe. If I'm understanding it correctly, it's a dynamic EQ with characterful compression, which makes it unique. The Harrison and McDSP spectral compressors are probably more similar to Soothe.

That’s what i got TEOTE for - anyone tried it against teote?

I tried it. I loved the sound. But it was so cpu intensive for me that I just gave up. Now if only they sold fire the dove separately, i might just get that. Buying the whole suite is definitely not ideal for me and also unnecessary.
I am confused as to why AA would make plugins, then make those same plugins much better and calling them Ultra, instead of just making their plugins better overall. Anyways, the point I’m trying to make is that, if these Ultra plugins are sold separately, then why are the simplified Fire plugins not being sold separately as well, but only included in the full suite. Saying that, I’m aware that there’s no Ultra Dove yet though. Or is there? I’ve not been keeping up.
AA is you’re listening, please sell all the Fire plugins separately.

Return to “Effects”