Cubase 12 and onward instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own Cubase 11. I have heard that programs like LoopMash and Padshop were removed in Cubase 12 and onwards. Since I currently own those, would I retain them if I upgrade? Thank you

Padshop is still in there. Loopmash is reduced to only the Loopmash FX, sadly - still usable but a shadow of the real plugin. Retrologue is still there, for what it's worth (not much IMO).

You can transfer things like Loopmash across to C13 and actually simple to do - something like 3 files that you copy IIRC. But if you do that you will have to use the dongle, which was obvs written into plugin code as well as Cubase. Can't remember if C11 dongle or dongleless - I transferred a few plugins from 10.5 - 12 and confirm it works, but it's a bit of a pita to still need the dongle - I stopped after C12. There's a thread at Steiny forums about how to transfer files from old Cubase to new - I'll see if I can find it but you should be able to search for it.

Loopmash FX is still pretty handy though. One of the easiest to use glitch generators ime.

They should still work if you have the plugins installed, but as mentioned, they will need the dongle. Steinberg already said those were discontinued and aren't moving to the new licensing system. Don't forget the eLicenser servers are finally getting turned off at the end of the year too..

Return to “Instruments”