Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:35 am
Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:48 am
midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:11 am
Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:27 am I just saw this in "Text only"
Total Studio Max 4 at JRRShop for $199

I just checked if there could be a further discount in my IK account, since I have 3.5 Max already, but there is not, except using Jam points.
Welcome to the club :wink:

There seems to be a huge number of people who are "buy only once" types of IK customers. We learn our lesson after one purchase.

IK doesn't care about existing customers, their whole pricing scheme is aimed towards new customers.
I have bought in at various points over time, so I was surprised there wasn't even a small discount. I bought Samp!etank2 and SonikSynth many years ago. Later down the road I bought the upgrade to ST3, and then later on I upgraded to Total Studio Max 3.5.
I have bought Total Studio MAX 3.5 at the end of 2022. Last year, I have purchased all the new FX which they released. There is little new left, besides upgrading modo bass and modo drums.

And they want $199 for that.

Price, right now, for new Total Studio MAX 4 is $199. Same like what they are asking for an upgrade.

So yeah, they can go screw themselves.

I rarely have buyer's remorse, but oh boy, do I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage.

Oh well. That's how we learn what to avoid 🤗
"They won't give me on a deal on upgrading this product that I don't want to upgrade but researched upgrading."

Such a KVR take.

Post

I was just checking my acc - using jam points I can get Max 4 for 140eu from 200eu - but guess what.. Nahh
Thanks for letting me know about this crazy upgrade prices system .. over 670gb of files .. omg - - NO - nvme & wifi is going to burn :x
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Post

The Group Buys are the incentive for me. I have most of what I want from IK including their hardware. The Jam points do come in handy on hardware purchases. I am not dismissing the complaints just indicating where I find value.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:44 pm I was just checking my acc - using jam points I can get Max 4 for 140eu from 200eu - but guess what.. Nahh
Thanks for letting me know about this crazy upgrade prices system .. over 670gb of files .. omg - - NO - nvme & wifi is going to burn :x

Post

Scotty wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:12 pm The Group Buys are the incentive for me. I have most of what I want from IK including their hardware. The Jam points do come in handy on hardware purchases. I am not dismissing the complaints just indicating where I find value.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:44 pm I was just checking my acc - using jam points I can get Max 4 for 140eu from 200eu - but guess what.. Nahh
Thanks for letting me know about this crazy upgrade prices system .. over 670gb of files .. omg - - NO - nvme & wifi is going to burn :x
I look at it as just being that time of year.

It’s true, they offer multiple ways to buy in so there are ways outside of upgrading to get the same content.

It’s just a matter of how badly you “want” something and truthfully, I don’t think they make anything so exclusive someone should be that upset about not having the latest.

Post

IK is like that addage of owning a boat. The best two days of it being the day you bought it and the day you got rid of it.

Post

For some reason Waves (Audio) springs to mind.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Post

With the useless support, and their inability to update to fix their products, IK has been added to my "do not buy" list and I completely regret giving them my hard earned cash. For shame!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Post

not to mention the 400 plugins and 4 apps you need to install to use a single plugin.

Post

ROTMetro wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:29 pm
midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:35 am
Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:48 am
midi sentinel wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:11 am
Examigan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:27 am I just saw this in "Text only"
Total Studio Max 4 at JRRShop for $199

I just checked if there could be a further discount in my IK account, since I have 3.5 Max already, but there is not, except using Jam points.
Welcome to the club :wink:

There seems to be a huge number of people who are "buy only once" types of IK customers. We learn our lesson after one purchase.

IK doesn't care about existing customers, their whole pricing scheme is aimed towards new customers.
I have bought in at various points over time, so I was surprised there wasn't even a small discount. I bought Samp!etank2 and SonikSynth many years ago. Later down the road I bought the upgrade to ST3, and then later on I upgraded to Total Studio Max 3.5.
I have bought Total Studio MAX 3.5 at the end of 2022. Last year, I have purchased all the new FX which they released. There is little new left, besides upgrading modo bass and modo drums.

And they want $199 for that.

Price, right now, for new Total Studio MAX 4 is $199. Same like what they are asking for an upgrade.

So yeah, they can go screw themselves.

I rarely have buyer's remorse, but oh boy, do I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage.

Oh well. That's how we learn what to avoid 🤗
"They won't give me on a deal on upgrading this product that I don't want to upgrade but researched upgrading."

Such a KVR take.
I can't quite figure out how "He purchased Total MAX 3.5 as well as all FXs that came after it" translated into "don't want to upgrade", but I am sure it all makes sense to you, that's all that matters :tu:

Post

I guess the 'I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage' but hey, my reading comprehension could be off. :tu:

Post

The Ujam $19 newsletter deals at Plugin Boutique are pretty tempting, more so if you have reward tokens. I got Amber 2 and I think it's quite good. May grab a few others while they are hot.

Post

ROTMetro wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:54 pm I guess the 'I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage' but hey, my reading comprehension could be off. :tu:
"Could be" is quite an understatement.

Regret came at the end, as it usually happens. Shocking, I know.

Anyway, I dislike IK, you dislike KVR, we made our points :tu:

Post

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 am The Ujam $19 newsletter deals at Plugin Boutique are pretty tempting, more so if you have reward tokens. I got Amber 2 and I think it's quite good. May grab a few others while they are hot.
Yeah, their guitars are usable in a busy mix. I still regret not grabbing the full guitar bundle back when it was for $99 as part of a crossgrade deal.

Post

ROTMetro wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:54 pm I guess the 'I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage' but hey, my reading comprehension could be off. :tu:
Yeah, it’s off. :hihi:

If you read from top to bottom… They previously bought a bundle. They saw the upgrade price and now they’re saying it’s a pile of garbage.

So, the price influenced their decision not to upgrade.

Not that they weren’t going to upgrade, and then checked out the price just to complain.

Post

sqigls wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:48 pm not to mention the 400 plugins and 4 apps you need to install to use a single plugin.
This. I got 3.5 max a while back, burned some remaining gift card, spent about $80 out of pocket....It's not worth it.

Total Studio Max is such a goddam hassle to manage and use, worse than Akai even, that I don't buy IK anymore.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”