DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.2)

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

No worries.. I already raised a ticket, we'll see if anything comes of it. Cheers!

Hello there! First of all thanks Jurgen for your colossal work!
I have used DrivenByMoss with my launchpad X and it works great! But today i wanted to try Maschine Jam with latest drivenbymoss (23.2.2), added controller editor template, load bitwig drivenbymoss extension and...after less than a minute i start encountering errors:
"Maschine JAM did something wrong
Trying to send invalid MIDI sysex byte: 0xFF at byte index 13"
one of the times i get same message but index was 12.
even if i restart script i get this error after couple of seconds.
Any thoughts what might gone wrong?

LayersOfSilence wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:30 pm Hello there! First of all thanks Jurgen for your colossal work!
I have used DrivenByMoss with my launchpad X and it works great! But today i wanted to try Maschine Jam with latest drivenbymoss (23.2.2), added controller editor template, load bitwig drivenbymoss extension and...after less than a minute i start encountering errors:
Can you tell in which mode this happened? What did you do when this error showed up?

moss wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:02 pm
LayersOfSilence wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:30 pm Hello there! First of all thanks Jurgen for your colossal work!
Can you tell in which mode this happened? What did you do when this error showed up?
Yeah, now i just push "macro" button at the left of the device and got same error with index 12, after i restart script i did nothing and momentarily got same message with index 13.
Also got that error when just push "play" button.
I also tried restart bitwig, reboot my macbook. Even after all of that i've got same errors may be after 3-4 minutes of work with maschine jam :(
Also checked default bitwig script for maschine jam with default controller editor template "bitwig Studio" - all works good, no errors, but functionally it's just horrible :)

upd: very often i got error when i click play, not even from controller, sometimes just when i hit play by mouse/space in bitwig

LayersOfSilence wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:29 pm
Yeah, now i just push "macro" button at the left of the device and got same error with index 12, after i restart script i did nothing and momentarily got same message with index 13.
I also tried restart bitwig, reboot my macbook. Even after all of that i've got same errors may be after 3-4 minutes of work with maschine jam :(
Also checked default bitwig script for maschine jam with default controller editor template "bitwig Studio" - all works good, no errors, but functionally it's just horrible :)

upd: very often i got error when i click play, not even from controller, sometimes just when i hit play by mouse/space in bitwig
Thanks, got it. Will be fixed in the next update!

moss wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:03 pm

Thank you so much! Waiting for it :)

upd: jam's faders are awesome! it's nice to have ability to switch project/track parameters and device parameters with a single click of a button. But what do you think about mode where you can switch parameters like this but only between project and track parameters doesn't matter what device in focus right now?
It should be great for perfomances, because when you switch between tracks on some tracks different devices might be in a focus (or even project or track itself) and device parameters is not what you want sometimes when you push "Control".
I like to set main tweakable parameters within each track and different set of parameters for project when it comes to performance.
Of course it's only my opinion, just a thoughts!

Hello dear Moss,
I'm experimenting with Instrument Selector and your OSC Script:
/device/layer/{1-8}/name and /device/layer/selected/name is giving out the names of the Instruments within the Instrument Selector just fine, but via /device/layer/{1-8}/activated there doesn't come any info about the activated instruments
Also, i was hoping that maybe it's possible to also use /device/layer/{1-8}/activated as sending adress, to activate specific Instruments? Doesn't seem to work though.

Most importantly: Is there any chance to read out (recieve) the name of the currently activated device layer (=the name of the currently activated instrument within the instrument selector)? This would be awesome to have - and should be possible in theory, as the individual names appear to be present, at least via /device/layer/1-8/name :)
selector.jpg
selector2.jpg

Something which would be insaaanely awesome: if there was the option to see the primary device name of each track (like /track/x/primary/name). This would enhance any Bitwig related Interface so, so much, to be able to automatically see the loaded primary Instrument of all Tracks at once! Both for Mixing overview, but especially live-performance overview :party:
primary name for tracks.jpg

Especially, if it would be the Preset name of the primary device (see picture below) But maybe i'm dreaming too much :)

:harp:
This name here.jpg
Thanks alot for all your work :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Hi Moss!
I´m using Maschine MK3 with your latest Script.
One thing i am little bit annoying:
If i press (and hold) eg. Pattern or Scene i can not load antotrher pattern/scene... this is firstly possiible if i detouch eg. Pattern, first than its possible to change a pattern/scene.... and BTW: are ther anny possibily tat the active/non active FUNKTION is more bright/resp. more dimmed (= More contrast between the states?)

Hi Moss, first of all THANK YOU !
I have a small request. On Push, when adjusting clip start and loop length, I'd like to be able to adjust to finer values. Currently, with "shift" button pressed, I can get loop length down to 0.1.0 and loop start down to 0.1.1.

Being able to adjust the last digit (with shift or shift+select) would be great

Hello,

Would like to thank you first of all for your amazing work.
I have recently purchased Bitwig and hooked it up to my Push 2 using your wonderful script.
Not sure why but when using the Drum Machine the 2nd pad on the Push2 is always skipped. Like all the pads are shifted by one with the exception of the 1st one
Like 1st is ok 2nd has a sound on it in DM but doesn't play when Push 2 pad is being pressed. 3rd plays the sound that's on 4th and so on.....
Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or is it with Bitwig.
I used 5.1 and now 5.2 Beta 3 and is doing the same thing.

Thank you

Is it possible to control the arp by having the arp display on the pads?

I love the script - wondering if anyone has issues with Bitwig being a bit laggy? For example I click on a track header and there is a few millisecond delay. If I turn off the controller scripts Bitwig is snappy again. Any troubleshooting steps I can take?

LayersOfSilence wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:29 pm
moss wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:03 pm

Thank you so much! Waiting for it :)

upd: jam's faders are awesome! it's nice to have ability to switch project/track parameters and device parameters with a single click of a button. But what do you think about mode where you can switch parameters like this but only between project and track parameters doesn't matter what device in focus right now?
It should be great for perfomances, because when you switch between tracks on some tracks different devices might be in a focus (or even project or track itself) and device parameters is not what you want sometimes when you push "Control".
I like to set main tweakable parameters within each track and different set of parameters for project when it comes to performance.
Of course it's only my opinion, just a thoughts!
Not sure if I got your question. You can already switch to project parameters by pressing CONTROL again. With SELECT+CONTROL you can toggle between project and track parameters.

nowiamone wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:13 pm Hello dear Moss,
I'm experimenting with Instrument Selector and your OSC Script:
/device/layer/{1-8}/name and /device/layer/selected/name is giving out the names of the Instruments within the Instrument Selector just fine, but via /device/layer/{1-8}/activated there doesn't come any info about the activated instruments
Also, i was hoping that maybe it's possible to also use /device/layer/{1-8}/activated as sending adress, to activate specific Instruments? Doesn't seem to work though.
"Activated" is somehow missing. Will add it to the wishlist.
nowiamone wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:13 pm 2.
Most importantly: Is there any chance to read out (recieve) the name of the currently activated device layer (=the name of the currently activated instrument within the instrument selector)? This would be awesome to have - and should be possible in theory, as the individual names appear to be present, at least via /device/layer/1-8/name :)
/device/layer/{1-8}/name should already work. Note that you only will see it when it changes.
nowiamone wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:13 pm 3.
Something which would be insaaanely awesome: if there was the option to see the primary device name of each track (like /track/x/primary/name). This would enhance any Bitwig related Interface so, so much, to be able to automatically see the loaded primary Instrument of all Tracks at once! Both for Mixing overview, but especially live-performance overview :party:
primary name for tracks.jpg
This might be getting a bit too much.

harmoney wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:26 am Hi Moss!
I´m using Maschine MK3 with your latest Script.
One thing i am little bit annoying:
If i press (and hold) eg. Pattern or Scene i can not load antotrher pattern/scene... this is firstly possiible if i detouch eg. Pattern, first than its possible to change a pattern/scene....
That's actually a feature. You can keep SCENE/PATTERN pressed to stop clips.
harmoney wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:26 am and BTW: are ther anny possibily tat the active/non active FUNKTION is more bright/resp. more dimmed (= More contrast between the states?)
Sadly, no.

Return to “Controller Scripting”