Arturia Software Center appears to be dead

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All of my titles have become inoperable. In spite of the fact that I can sign into my account via their website directly, filing a technical support ticket appears to be down as well.

Anyone else having trouble launching an Arturia instrument? Reinstalling the ASC doesn't help here.
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.16.59 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

Sounds grim>>> that's why I don't do any online mandatory anything... All my old arturias work fine offline or on...

I tried to offline authorize them after bumping into this and that procedure fails as well.
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.42.34 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

Jesus... You are crucified for being a good customer... I would not do any of that online mandatory garbage unless the plugin developer was local & I could cruise over & start beating heads with a baseball bat if that happened>>>

Attempting to register directly from the plug-in is broken as well.
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.46.54 PM.png
I've always wondered how invasive and vulnerable these "phone home" authorization schemes are and now I know. I finally got their online tech help page to function and sent 'em a trouble report...so I guess now it's a matter of them tending to their server(s) and waiting around til they fix it.

Really sucks, though.
On a number of Macs

ASC opened for me here, and am able to launch several from the V Collection.
Sorry it isn't working for you, but hopefully their support will figure it out.

If you locate it on the drive, you could try running it as Administrator (if you're on a PC).
Last edited by Examigan on Wed May 29, 2024 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:47 pm ASC opened for me here, and am able to launch several from the V Collection.
Thanks for looking. Apparently they were aware of the issue and have righted it. I've got my stuff back.

But I have to say this was a lesson in finding out what happens if their servers are shut down for maintenance or for whatever godforsaken reason. Because of the nature of their authorization system, your stuff can be gone.

Almost makes me wish they kept authorization on the old eLicenser system (not really, but you know what I mean).
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:55 pm Almost makes me wish they kept authorization on the old eLicenser system (not really, but you know what I mean).
Wouldn't help much if you ran into trouble though, Steinberg is finally shutting it off at the end of the year. Once those dongles die, so does your license once and for all.

I bought an upgrade for Absolute recently and a big reason for my decision was to get it into the new login authorization system.

I am glad I did. Having to keep the dongle connected to the PC was a pain.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:55 pm
Examigan wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:47 pm ASC opened for me here, and am able to launch several from the V Collection.
Thanks for looking. Apparently they were aware of the issue and have righted it. I've got my stuff back.

But I have to say this was a lesson in finding out what happens if their servers are shut down for maintenance or for whatever godforsaken reason. Because of the nature of their authorization system, your stuff can be gone.

Almost makes me wish they kept authorization on the old eLicenser system (not really, but you know what I mean).

Good thing they righted the issue! :tu: It would have been terrible if it was permanent. I understand that Arturia wants to protect their software by having customers use the ASC to register the license and update software, but technical issues like that can become frustrating to musicians if it's a problem with the server or website. Glad you got your stuff back.
SynthieSara currently uses Waveform Free 12.5 and third-party plugins
Retrowave | Lo-fi | Video Game Music :wink: | Drum and Bass

Yesterday, there was a huge issue with the internet that affected UA Connect, Softube Central, and iLok License Manager for many yesterday (though Arturia was not affected in my case, but due to the description of the issue I read, I got the distinct impression that many connections could be an issue for different individuals depending on where one is located.) Perhaps your issue has something to do with this?
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:14 am Yesterday, there was a huge issue with the internet that affected UA Connect, Softube Central, and iLok License Manager for many yesterday (though Arturia was not affected in my case, but due to the description of the issue I read, I got the distinct impression that many connections could be an issue for different individuals depending on where one is located.) Perhaps your issue has something to do with this?
Both UA and Softube rely on iLok AFAIK, so you'd expect issues with them all when iLok goes down. I can's see any plausible way the iLok and Arturia issues could be directly related.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:57 am
dlandis wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:14 am Yesterday, there was a huge issue with the internet that affected UA Connect, Softube Central, and iLok License Manager for many yesterday (though Arturia was not affected in my case, but due to the description of the issue I read, I got the distinct impression that many connections could be an issue for different individuals depending on where one is located.) Perhaps your issue has something to do with this?
Both UA and Softube rely on iLok AFAIK, so you'd expect issues with them all when iLok goes down. I can's see any plausible way the iLok and Arturia issues could be directly related.
You're right, of course, about Softube and UA relying on iLok, but there was also a major disruption with servers dues to an issue with Fastly, I believe. It was fixed by this morning, but I wonder if there were residual problems. Hopefully, there are no problems anywhere tomorrow.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Return to “Instruments”