SynthMaster 3 Beta rev 15349: Granular Oscillator arrives!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 3 SynthMaster One SynthMaster Standard Bundle

kv331 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:25 pm
dmbaer wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:20 pm This is little off topic, but as others reading this thread will probably installing the latest versions of SM and SM One, it may be relevant. I had not updated either SM or SM One in quite a while, so I did just that. So now I've got the latest versions of each. I found a couple of problems with each, which can be seen in the image. The SM error messages (on the left) occur when starting the standalone program. The SM One "missing file" messages occur when you click on a preset - there may well be more than two of these, but I stopped looking after the second.
As for SM2 higher version errors, you probably have multiple SynthMaster2.dll files in your system with different versions. Make sure you find and delete all of them and then reinstall the latest version. Thx!
Close, I think. I have only one SynthMaster2.dll file - it has a 2018 last-modified timestamp. I installed (or at least intended to install) only the VST 3 version of SM29, and it was so installed in the same place the VST 3 versions of SM1 and SM3 were installed. However, only SM1 and SM3 are seen in Cubase as VST 3. SM2 is VST 2 only. So, I loaded SM2 VST 3 in Blue Cat patchwork and got an error message - something about metadata.xml file not found, after which Patchwork shut down. I didn't capture the error message, so my recollection as to the file name may be in error.

In any case, it looks like the version error messages were indeed being produced by an old version and not the most recently installed one. Thanks.

Edit: I checked again and the file is Metatdata.xml, as stated. The problem reported is once again the "saved with higher version" issue.

Hi guys, here's our latest update for SynthMaster 3: Rev 15199

With this update, we now have the Standalone version running on Windows. Hopefuly AAX will follow in next week's build!

sm3 standalone.jpg

Here's the changelog:

1. NEW: Added SynthMaster 3 Standalone version on Windows
2. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when switching between presets
3. FIX: Shift drag doesn't work to fine adjust knob values
4. FIX: Voice stealing algorithm steals incorrect notes
5. FIX: When activating the 8th band in the Filterbank FX module, the 7th band will be activated too
6. FIX: The post eq gains of the Distortion FX are moving/acting together
7. FIX: Macro/XYPad parameter default values are incorrect
8. FIX: Edit and Random icons are not visible for oscillator waveform display when the waveform type is Sine / Triangle / Square / Sawtooth / Pulse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I am really impressed how this synth evolves into an invincible work horse.

Some questions aside:
Are you considerimg to make the subsynth in the VAnalog functioning? Or a, I missing sth?
Is it possible to make a sine wave in VAnalog?

What is the operator in module view? How do I use it?

ReverendLove wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:22 pm Are you considerimg to make the subsynth in the VAnalog functioning? Or a, I missing sth?
I promise I will fix it in the next build :)
ReverendLove wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:22 pm Is it possible to make a sine wave in VAnalog?
With 2 line segments it might be difficult, but I'll see what I can do about this. Normally, in analog synths, "sine" waveforms can not be pure sine waveforms as you know.
ReverendLove wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:22 pm What is the operator in module view? How do I use it?
It doesn't have a user interface. You right click on it to change the operation type:

Add (default)
Multiply (used for ring modulation, might cause aliasing)
Greater than / Smaler than (interesting operations that cause a lot of aliasing)
Works at KV331 Audio

Synthmaster3 ( crashes for me when I try to load a waveform on the VA oscillator from this menu:
sm3_waveshape_crash.png
This doesn't always happen, but I can reliably reproduce it by loading the init preset and then adding a VA oscillator, and then trying to load a waveshape.
I'm on Windows11 with REAPER 7.16 and SM3 rev15199.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Held wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 5:12 pm Synthmaster3 ( crashes for me when I try to load a waveform on the VA oscillator from this menu:
Just fixed this one. Thanks for the bug report!
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi guys, here's the latest update for SynthMaster 3: Rev 15238

With this update, we are adding support for the AAX plugin format that runs on ProTools 11 and above. (Including Apple Silicon on Macs)

aax sm3.jpg

There are also critical bug fixes:

1. FIX: Compressor effect is not initialized correctly, which might cause silences during preset switches
2. FIX: SynthMaster 3 crashes when user loads/resets a waveform for the VAOscillator
3. FIX: When loading presets, SynthMaster 3 might incorrectly release waveform data, resulting in silence
4. FIX: Keyscaler view doesn't always show input correctly
5. FIX: Template container mouseable area sizes are not set correctly, resulting in users not being able to click some controls
6. FIX: When changing control values with mouse scroll wheel, tooltip shows the last value instead of current value
Works at KV331 Audio

Where can I download the latest beta ? SynthMaster 3: Rev 15238?

The ones I've downloaded from user area, I get no gui , sounds work, but no screen.

thnx
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:14 am Where can I download the latest beta ? SynthMaster 3: Rev 15238?

The ones I've downloaded from user area, I get no gui , sounds work, but no screen.
What is your operating system ? DAW ? and which format are you using ? VST2 / VST3 / AU / AAX ?

Try to delete the config file, maybe that'd help:

documents/synthmaster3/config/synthmaster3config.txt
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi guys, we have a new update for SynthMaster 3 (Revision 15274). Here's the change log:

1. FIX: Saving module presets doesn't work correctly, resulting in a crash when the presets are loaded back
2. FIX: Oscillator keytrack knobs should be bipolar instead of unipolar
3. FIX: Modulation amount knob displays 1.01 instead of 0.0 at the default value
4. FIX: Phaser cutoff lfo amount parameter is not modulateable
5. FIX: Drag-n-drop sample file doesn't work when there is only one sample file dragged
6. FIX: When arp/seq step length is increased, arp/seq view doesn't show the steps correctly
7. FIX: Arp/seq first step repeat/rachet counter is not set correctly
Works at KV331 Audio

Milkman wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:17 pm the modwheel issue that existed for close to 3 years doesnt seem to exist on SM3. This was one of my main complaints, but for some reason this was denied and argued despite numerous others reporting it. Ive tested it in Bitwig 5.1.8, Cubase 13. Modwheel actually works. Good work. Big progress.
Hi there

With the latest v2.9.17 update, this issue is fixed for SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster 2 Player as well.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Love the new version!

One issue:
I have Bitwig Studio configured to only show plugin GUIs for the current track.
Now if I'm browsing presets and have for instance set the filter to only show presets for SM3 (VST3) and then switch to another track and back, I lose both the filter and am back in the default editor view instead of the browser.
This becomes annoying fast.
The same is true if I close and re-open the GUI manually.

It would be fantastic if SM3 could remember the last state completely including what page I'm on, what filters are set, what preset I'm on, where I'm scrolled to in the list etc. so that I can return to the last state right away.

Not necessarily between sessions (when I close and reopen Bitwig and the file) but definitely during a session.

I personally would also want that for all other views (Tab, Track, Mix) etc. so I don't have to continually find my way back to where I was while editing after adjusting something in another track.

Thanks a lot for all your work and the videos, currently going through them.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream | Instagram | YouTube

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:41 pm One issue:
Now if I'm browsing presets and have for instance set the filter to only show presets for SM3 (VST3) and then switch to another track and back, I lose both the filter and am back in the default editor view instead of the browser.

It would be fantastic if SM3 could remember the last state completely including what page I'm on, what filters are set, what preset I'm on, where I'm scrolled to in the list etc. so that I can return to the last state right away.

Not necessarily between sessions (when I close and reopen Bitwig and the file) but definitely during a session.

I personally would also want that for all other views (Tab, Track, Mix) etc. so I don't have to continually find my way back to where I was while editing after adjusting something in another track.
I will look into this browser issue. Looks like it happens with the VST3 version. VST2 is fine (since in VST2 the editor is not destroyed by the DAW when the window is closed). I think the solution is to save the UI state in preset settings.

All the modulation sources / oscillators / filters / layers tabs remember their state. So, when you open a preset again, it opens up with the previous layer , previous osc, previous filter, etc. But te main tabs above and below don't remember their settings. Let me also look into this.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:14 am
ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:41 pm One issue:

I will look into this browser issue. Looks like it happens with the VST3 version. VST2 is fine (since in VST2 the editor is not destroyed by the DAW when the window is closed). I think the solution is to save the UI state in preset settings.

All the modulation sources / oscillators / filters / layers tabs remember their state. So, when you open a preset again, it opens up with the previous layer , previous osc, previous filter, etc. But te main tabs above and below don't remember their settings. Let me also look into this.
Thank you very much for looking into it! :tu:

And congratulations again on a great update! I bought SM2 originally in 2012 and it's amazing how far it has come.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream | Instagram | YouTube

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:05 am And congratulations again on a great update! I bought SM2 originally in 2012 and it's amazing how far it has come.
Thanks so much :hug:

BTW, I just fixed the UI state not saved bug :) will be in the next build.Thanks for the bug report again!
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”