Waveform 13 missing option

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do have click enabled, and can hear it in my headphones. Also, what causes the click to be recorded? Somehow I've enable that!
The cursor is moving on playback.
I am not familiar yet with snap or punch-in yet- I don't believe they are enabled. How are they used?
My computer is a Dell Latitude 64-bit, core i7. I'm using a Bomge interface.
Another thing I've noticed is that the audio device type reverts back from Windows Audio to Directsound often- not sure why. When something is not working when ready to record, I check that and find that it has changed.
Thanks for your help, Peter.

1. Fact that you can record the click indicates a "feedback loop" - what it outputs to ends up back in the audio input path. This shouldn't happen. You want what is being recorded on each track to ONLY be what you intend, not new track with an echo of everything else you can hear. There may be a switch on the audio interface (or another virtual device name?) that allows you to record ONLY what comes in on an audio port of that interface.
2. Windows audio and directsound tend to be easy, but problematic. They are convenient in that you can record in Waveform while a Youtube is playing, but typically introduce some delay.
3. Find and download Asio4all. It's basically a faster dedicated interface for audio devices with lower latency. Once installed, it will load automatically with Waveform and show up as a new interface, with selectable interfaces in it's control menu. It also will allow you to have multiple devices - like a USB headset and a USB interface like your current one.
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Unfortunately I've found that the Bomge interface cannot use Asio4All, but I've seen a blog which says you can use FlexAsio with it. Do you know if FlexAsio would be a better driver than the windows driver??

Don't know which BOMGE interface you have, but some have a "loopback" button on it. When recording, you probably want that OFF so your whole mix (including click ) doesn't get echoed back to the computer and recorded along with what you INTEND to record.

Flexasio sounds "more difficult" to set up, but allows you to watch youtube while running Waveform, supposedly; and you have to install the referred gui to customize (or really know what you are doing and edit the INI file). I didn't realize Asio4All is actually a "shim" that LOOKS like ASIO but works with generic Windows audio devices, but only in exclusive mode - so may actually work in your case. Did you try and it didn't...?

I've always used Asio4All, but don't have any high end interfaces (some USB, and also built-in devices); and it allows me to run multiple devices, as long as they're all running at the same sample rate.
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Return to “Tracktion”