GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don’t worry, it’s the opposite situation IMO.

People post stuff, you disagree and they accuse you of being offended.

“Oh, you’re offended, you shouldn’t be” Nope, not offended and not a snowflake, just disagreeing.

Weird tactic to adopt.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:47 am Lol I'm not offended. To be honest I'm probably not in the best place to be posting anything at the moment, so if it came of overly harsh, sorry, it just rubbed me up the wrong way.
I think all of us here are guilty of it. If you scroll through my post history you can probably tell which ones were made when I was having a bad day. :lol:

Hope my reply didn't make your day any worse, I just see so much fighting on this forum and something compelled me to try and step in before this thread got out of hand too.

I think what mildly irritated me was not the opinion, but the inconsistency. I don't mind if you dislike something, that's up to each individual, but at least be consistent! :)

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 am I think what mildly irritated me was not the opinion, but the inconsistency. I don't mind if you dislike something, that's up to each individual, but at least be consistent! :)
Well you went from "LOL I'm not offended" to "mildly irrated". Do you understand the we as humans are not consistent, and that also includes yourself?
<list your stupid gear here>

Now that's some Grade A trolling bait right there

I feel offended for anyone who does not feel offended.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The lack of fine control on the detune knob without having to take my hand off the keyboard and hold Shift is really annoying. It skips from 0 to 48 cents. Version 2 was fine in that regard.

Edit: It's because they pointlessly removed the semitone transpose knob and baked that into the detune knob instead.

Vortifex wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:42 am The lack of fine control on the detune knob without having to take my hand off the keyboard and hold Shift is really annoying. It skips from 0 to 48 cents. Version 2 was fine in that regard.

Edit: It's because they pointlessly removed the semitone transpose knob and baked that into the detune knob instead.
That sounds a bit odd. So even if you assigned it as a CC you would have to use shift?

Mind you, I always found the lack of a Master Tune knob a bit odd too.

concealed identity wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 am
Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:02 am I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Against a wavetable you don't have to use? Complaining that it sounds different, yet when explained v2 patches sound the same in v3 you complain why bother updating if it sounds rhe same?

Also you know about the system on the original synth where you could build waves, right? So it's not some random addition. Sure it wasn't as sophisticated as this, but what's the point of software if you can't improve certain things?

Seems you're whingeing for the sake of it. Dont like it? Stay with v2 then and let the rest of us enjoy v3.
This seems overly harsh and not really fair if you read back over their posts. They were just casually talking about both things they liked and things they disliked about the new version, and noted that for them the new additions in V3 don't really improve what they thought made V2 special. Doesn't seem like they're complaining or being overly negative and doesn't really warrant such an aggressive response imo
:shrug: I don’t know, I see this type of thing all the time and it’s pretty annoying. There’s someone on Gearspace who railed against the new sampler feature in the 3rd Wave as if someone was twisting their arm and forcing them to use it. They seem sure that no one wants it, despite what I see as a pretty enthusiastic response to the feature.

I can understand making a comment, “I’ll never use the wavetable function, I’d rather they have added _____” but a lot of people just seem stuck on something that ultimately doesn’t have to effect them at all. You know what I don’t use? Onboard sequencers. When someone adds an onboard sequencer to their synth, I say nothing, because I know other people like it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:50 pm
concealed identity wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 am
Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:02 am I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Against a wavetable you don't have to use? Complaining that it sounds different, yet when explained v2 patches sound the same in v3 you complain why bother updating if it sounds rhe same?

Also you know about the system on the original synth where you could build waves, right? So it's not some random addition. Sure it wasn't as sophisticated as this, but what's the point of software if you can't improve certain things?

Seems you're whingeing for the sake of it. Dont like it? Stay with v2 then and let the rest of us enjoy v3.
This seems overly harsh and not really fair if you read back over their posts. They were just casually talking about both things they liked and things they disliked about the new version, and noted that for them the new additions in V3 don't really improve what they thought made V2 special. Doesn't seem like they're complaining or being overly negative and doesn't really warrant such an aggressive response imo
:shrug: I don’t know, I see this type of thing all the time and it’s pretty annoying. There’s someone on Gearspace who railed against the new sampler feature in the 3rd Wave as if someone was twisting their arm and forcing them to use it. They seem sure that no one wants it, despite what I see as a pretty enthusiastic response to the feature.

I can understand making a comment, “I’ll never use the wavetable function, I’d rather they have added _____” but a lot of people just seem stuck on something that ultimately doesn’t have to effect them at all. You know what I don’t use? Onboard sequencers. When someone adds an onboard sequencer to their synth, I say nothing, because I know other people like it.
You don't use onboard sequencers ? You piece of !#$%@#$^#$%!#%#%^#^%!#$%!$#!@#$@#$^@#$^
You really are a #@$%@#$%#@^%#$^#$^#$^#$^%#$^
And also #$&$%^&%$^&$%#^@#$%#$#!@!@#!

Harsh. But you really deserved it.

It certainly looks as if the UI (and patch browser look too) was made by old people. Is Jon Hodgson still involved? I tried to find a credits pop-up, but couldn't.

u-he can't make such UIs as GForce does! Eyeroll!

Medenka wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 pm was made by old people
What does that even mean and how is it not ageism?

vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 pm I sent a note to them via technical support about the arp and the tempo setting changing per preset when the UX implies it's global. And also the high CPU usage with wavetables.
Did you get an answer about high CPU load with wavetables?

Medenka wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:27 pm It certainly looks as if the UI (and patch browser look too) was made by old people. Is Jon Hodgson still involved? I tried to find a credits pop-up, but couldn't.

u-he can't make such UIs as GForce does! Eyeroll!
If I remember right, when I was demoing V2, the UI was really tiny and practically unusable, so massive UI is a bonus if you really love using this VST, but the actual layout isn't particularly pleasant on my eyes. I do love the filter, but not enough to buy the VST.
<list your stupid gear here>

mi-os wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:13 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 pm I sent a note to them via technical support about the arp and the tempo setting changing per preset when the UX implies it's global. And also the high CPU usage with wavetables.
Did you get an answer about high CPU load with wavetables?
An apology and that Support will pass that on to Development to investigate.

Return to “Instruments”