Eventide Anthology XII

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:26 pm OK so what's the deal...

- I own a bunch of Eventide plugins and bundles (H9)
- My upgrade to Anthology is $80
- Do I lose all of my individual pre-existing licenses if I upgrade?
Yes.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:32 pm
farfadetfarfelu wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:24 pm I'm trying to sell my extra licenses before upgrading to prove the point.
But how would that work?

Wouldn't your upgrade price increase if you sell off some of your existing plugs?
Whether it pays off to sell licenses before upgrading cannot be answered generally. It very much depends on the individual licenses you have. However, the system tends to be less favorable or even disadvantageous for people who already own more licenses than required to reach the lowest upgrade price of 39$, because they also have to surrender EVERYTHING.

Louis2001 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:49 pmHowever, the system tends to be less favorable or even disadvantageous for people who already own more licenses than required to reach the lowest upgrade price of 39$, because they also have to surrender EVERYTHING.
Nope, not here. I was left two single licenses.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:05 pm
Louis2001 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:49 pmHowever, the system tends to be less favorable or even disadvantageous for people who already own more licenses than required to reach the lowest upgrade price of 39$, because they also have to surrender EVERYTHING.
Really? I thought so, because e.g. I had two Physion licenses, one included in Anthology XI, and a separate one that I had purchased before, and I had to surrender both and all other licenses. Which ones did you have to surrender and which ones were left?

Louis2001 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:12 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:05 pm
Really? I thought so, because e.g. I had two Physion licenses, one included in Anthology XI, and a separate one that I had purchased before, and I had to surrender both and all other licenses. Which ones did you have to surrender and which ones were left?
Surrendered : Anthology XI, H9 collection, some singles, (cant actually remember which, about 4 of them.)
Kept : Time Align, 2016 Room
New : Anthology XII, a second 2016 Room
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^^^ Thanks for those details. That's interesting. I'm not sure what to do... for example I have 2 Blackhole licenses AND the H9 Bundle. Could I sell the Blackholes before upgrading - or will it change my price?

The thing is... we don't want to surrender the licenses that we don't have to. Since there is no clarity about this, it's a risky game. Do they inform you of which exactly licenses must be forfeit during the process? I just want to trust Eventide to extract the bare minimum licenses they require for the upgrade, and leave me with my other purchases - as a 100% legit paying customer, it's the least I expect from a reputable company. Maybe I want to give a Blackhole license to a friend who is just getting into music production, for example.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:33 pm ^^^^ Thanks for those details. That's interesting. I'm not sure what to do... for example I have 2 Blackhole licenses AND the H9 Bundle. Could I sell the Blackholes before upgrading - or will it change my price?

The thing is... we don't want to surrender the licenses that we don't have to. Since there is no clarity about this, it's a risky game. Do they inform you of which exactly licenses must be forfeit during the process? I just want to trust Eventide to extract the bare minimum licenses they require for the upgrade, and leave me with my other purchases - as a 100% legit paying customer, it's the least I expect from a reputable company. Maybe I want to give a Blackhole license to a friend who is just getting into music production, for example.
When upgrading you'll be surrendering any licenses you own that are included in Anthology XII, unless they are NFRs or you have duplicates.

Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, doing so will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned
This is specifically why I decided to jump on the XII upgrade in the end. When might we see this new value added?

Is there an H3000 MKII in our future? :pray:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 am
Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, doing so will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned
This is specifically why I decided to jump on the XII upgrade in the end. When might we see this new value added?

Is there an H3000 MKII in our future? :pray:
Sorry I cannot provide any further information at this time but please hold tight and I'll update you here as soon as I can. Thanks for you patience!

They've been quietly adding resizable UIs to everything. 💪

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads ... logy%20XII

I’m still hoping they loudly add H3000 MK II

:D

I have everything except Invigorate including Anthology XI, my upgrade price is $59.90, how are peeps getting $39.90? do you have Invigorate as well?

thanks

EDIT: Strike that, I dont have everythng, I do Have Anthology XI, Crystals, Elevate Mastering Bundle, Generate, Physion and SP2016 Reverb. What would I have to give up if i 'upgrade'. thnks
Last edited by tonymax on Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Invigorate is Newfangled Audio. It’s not included.

makes sense..
jamcat wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:53 am Invigorate is Newfangled Audio. It’s not included.

tonymax wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:47 am What would I have to give up if i 'upgrade'. thnks
My understanding, which may be incorrect, but it's how it appeared to happen when I upgraded, I don't believe you will have to 'give up' anything, you may have to surrender some/all/most of your licenses in their current form, but you will get them back under Anthology, you won't actually lose access to anything that you currently have access to now.
Say NO to CLAP!

Return to “Effects”