DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.2)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hello.
First of all I would like to thank you for your work on scripts.
I use primarily a "push 1".
I would like to suggest a new feature.
When I'm in "device mode" It would be helpfull to change every eight banks with up/down buttons. I noticed that there is no function for this buttons in device mode. Perhaps such an improvement would be possible. In this way, you could assign a button for one category of synthesizer parameters every 8 banks (OSC, env, amp, LFO, filter, etc ...) and navigate to parameter quickly by category like this ( first bank osc 1, ninth bank osc 2, seventeenth bank osc 3 )It often happens that there are more than eight parameters even in osc so this would accelerate navigation with more complex devices. I know there's a shortcut for this with shift button but it is somewhat inconvenient in fast workflow.

Hey Moss,
With the release of 3.1 I noticed that they added a 'noterepeat' functionality. Any chance that this will be added for the Push1/2?

tyquinn@gmail.com wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 am Thanks for the reply Moss. After some experimenting, the easiest way to reproduce this (although it is slightly different to my original post):

1) Set the dark grey color in the Auto Color settings to "Inst,Audio" (or alternatively, "Audio,Inst" will yield the same results).
2) Create a new file
3) The default new file should create a track named "Inst 1", and a track named "Audio 2". These will be correctly colored so far
4) Select "Inst 1" with the mouse
5) Press ctrl+t to create a new instrument track. This will also be correctly coloured
6) Press ctrl+shift+t to create a new audio track beneath the current Instrument track, but above the original audio track. This will create a track that is not correctly coloured.
Got it. Problem was that the name of the new track was the same as the previous one.
Will be fixed in the next update.

Amuq wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:39 pm Hey Moss,
With the release of 3.1 I noticed that they added a 'noterepeat' functionality. Any chance that this will be added for the Push1/2?
Yes :-)

pc999 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:52 pm Bug report

On Launchpad Pro and SL Mk2:

I have been more tempted to use presets and I have noticed that I can only open the browser for synth/drum devices, but not for fx devices.
On the Launchpad Pro use the Device button in combination with Shift to insert a device after the currently selected one.

boaone wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:41 am Hello.
First of all I would like to thank you for your work on scripts.
I use primarily a "push 1".
I would like to suggest a new feature.
When I'm in "device mode" It would be helpfull to change every eight banks with up/down buttons. I noticed that there is no function for this buttons in device mode. Perhaps such an improvement would be possible. In this way, you could assign a button for one category of synthesizer parameters every 8 banks (OSC, env, amp, LFO, filter, etc ...) and navigate to parameter quickly by category like this ( first bank osc 1, ninth bank osc 2, seventeenth bank osc 3 )It often happens that there are more than eight parameters even in osc so this would accelerate navigation with more complex devices. I know there's a shortcut for this with shift button but it is somewhat inconvenient in fast workflow.
I requested this since a couple of years. Maybe now that the script is more or less complete moss will consider adding this.
I have a version of the script modified by SB-SIX where this feature is implemented (with the in/out buttons) plus a rec arm button inside the device mode (really handy). You can also navigate the selected clip with the arrows (independently of which mode you are in but buggy with groups, really cool). It really makes working with Push a loooot more comfortable and fast.
If you want I can send it to you. But mind you: it's based on version 5. something of the extension so you will miss all the new features and fixes that were implemented later.
I don't know if it works in 3.1.
Let me know.

@moss If you want to take a look at it I can send it to you, too. You could reuse SB-SIX' code if you are willing to add some of these features into the actual extension.

@SB-SIX At least you work doesn't get lost.

moss wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:30 pm
tyquinn@gmail.com wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 am Thanks for the reply Moss. After some experimenting, the easiest way to reproduce this (although it is slightly different to my original post):

1) Set the dark grey color in the Auto Color settings to "Inst,Audio" (or alternatively, "Audio,Inst" will yield the same results).
2) Create a new file
3) The default new file should create a track named "Inst 1", and a track named "Audio 2". These will be correctly colored so far
4) Select "Inst 1" with the mouse
5) Press ctrl+t to create a new instrument track. This will also be correctly coloured
6) Press ctrl+shift+t to create a new audio track beneath the current Instrument track, but above the original audio track. This will create a track that is not correctly coloured.
Got it. Problem was that the name of the new track was the same as the previous one.
Will be fixed in the next update.
Thanks heaps Moss, and Happy Holidays!

Dear Moss .
Each time i come back from live to Bitwig i really appreciate your work on the push 2.
So mutch !
On top of all this incredible work you made i put 2 of them. 2 things that Bitwig can make with your script . 2 things that ableton can't and that are so user friendly ! Big one : For me the way you make it works to browse through tracks is so efficient and simple. The fact that when you select a track on push, you see (!) this track on the computer screen on arranger view (if it's unfold ) . Big Two the new user mode ! that's the first big great step to customized template of controlling what ever you want grouped no matter where it is on the set ! . easy control with feedback on the screen , easy to configure and delete. WOW ! even if with ableton and stray script (from nativkontrol) and clyphx it's partially possible with loooong work on macrobat racks ; yours is faaaar more easy to use and to configure and with REAL info displayed and real values (not just 0 to 100 informations)! that seem so simple and by far i think you are the first guy who made it...and made it so easy to use...!
(a second team that try for a long time to make it on live is Zero Debug with touchable but when you move a track the configuration diseappers....then yeah. I think you are the first that made it easy to use and fuctional ! )
Then thanks and i wish you big good time for this end of the year !
Thanks Moss !

Hi,

would s.o. be so kind and help me with Bitwig 3.0.3 and DrivenByMoss 7.60.

My problem is: when i launch Bitwig, all my assignments ( Pan, Fader, Send, Transport) i made are lost or not loaded. I saved this as a template, but after loading it, nothing happens, when i move the knobs and faders on my PCR 500. When i go to Dashboard/Controllers, i can see, that all assignments seems not to be saved with the template. What could be the reason? This happens on my PC Win latest. This issue didn't happen with Bitwig 2+ and older versions of flexi.

Did you save your settings within Flexi? If you watch again the intro videos, its mentioned explicitly...

moss wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Amuq wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:39 pm Hey Moss,
Yes :-)
Awesome, know that you're probably busy as heck right now, any idea when your next release will be?

Bug report

Push 2 - when I'm in clip mode and I'm trying to view the midi clip, I cannot change the view of the clip beyond the first beat, and it doesn't expand to include any added notes.

Your website seems have gone down :/

nevermind, it works through DNS proxy…
Brzzzzzzt.

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:09 am Did you save your settings within Flexi? If you watch again the intro videos, its mentioned explicitly...
No i didn't save the settings, i didn't even see a save button in this page. I thought it would be saved with the template.
Thanks! Could you please give me a link to that video, where it is mentioned?

I would have to google for it as well, probably a link on mossgrabers site...

Return to “Controller Scripting”