New Electribes

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tehlord wrote:That is a very good price.

Difficult to judge at this stage, but these look like they have the potential to be 80% of an Elektron product at less than 1/3 the price.
My thoughts exactly - I was toying with the idea of an analog4 to go with my OP-1 when I am on the road, but they are not battery powered - battery powered is worth a lot to me....more than 20% electron functionality.... + I really trust Korg (enough to order blind without a review), I have been impressed with both the quality and support of just about everything I have had from them...

I LOVE this new trend (currently just Korg) of exporting to live clips!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

whyterabbyt wrote:Plus the support for volca/ms20/monotribe seems to reinforce their 'mini analog' focus.
Coo eck. Not just 'mini analog' from the Volcas, now...

http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/volca_sample/

They just kinda redefined the Volcas as Electribe expanders...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ok a bit confused, does the sampler version have no synthesis, and the synth version have no sampling?

Because it would be amazing if you get both in one unit.

d-s-m wrote:Ok a bit confused, does the sampler version have no synthesis, and the synth version have no sampling?
yeah, but thats always been the case for the electribes.

whyterabbyt wrote:
d-s-m wrote:Ok a bit confused, does the sampler version have no synthesis, and the synth version have no sampling?
yeah, but thats always been the case for the electribes.
Just saw this bit on the MusicRadar write up -
"The Electribe Sampler offers similar specs, but boasts a hybrid synth engine that offers both sampling and analogue modelling."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/kor ... xes-606668

d-s-m wrote:Just saw this bit on the MusicRadar write up -
"The Electribe Sampler offers similar specs, but boasts a hybrid synth engine that offers both sampling and analogue modelling."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/kor ... xes-606668
You're right, I overlooked that on the Korg product page
In addition to a sampler sound engine that lets you use your own unique and original sounds (samples), there are also several types of analog modeling sound engines that are great for creating synth basses and pad sounds.

The Electribes never really appealed to me.....until now. Stupid GAS. :x
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I've thought about buying one for a long time. Off to see what I can find down the back of the couch...

They should now release two other products:

a) A passive mixer for say 4 to 6 channels. Would be amazing to connect them all up and operate using batteries. Yes, I know other companies do passive mixers already but why shouldn't Korg get in on the action.

b) An active mixer that also doubles as power distribution. Plug all the audio and power into a neat single box.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

whyterabbyt wrote:No pricing yet, but they've traditionally always been around the £400 mark, havent they?
We'll be selling them for $399 each. The synth is coming out next month but the sampler isn't coming till 2015. :(

For the specs the sampler looks ideal for a cool small live setup. I'd def use that on dj gigs on festivals :)

Somehow they still do look a bit.. blaah :D
I mean.. come on.. so grey
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

The volca's 'import only via an IoS app' only function is a bit of a strange design feature. I'm assuming that samples get in via the headphone socket so hopefully someone'll work out how to do it via a normal pc/mac or *shock horror* android.

Also, needless to say, if this had come out at the same time as the others, pretty sure the beats would have had a hard time of it. Imagine; having any snare drum sound you want, without modding!

Hmm, something I just noticed on the specifications -
"Number of Sound Samples Up to 999 (Includes User)"

I seriously hope this is only referring to the onboard memory, because if it also includes the 32gb sd card slot, then that would really suck. I mean I have over 999 kick drums alone, let alone any other sounds...

d-s-m wrote:I have over 999 kick drums
Time to trim down!

I must be in the minority, but these do absolutely nothing for me, and that's a good thing. I've bought enough lately. ;)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”