String 1.15.2 - vst3 + new GUI

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks! As a caveat, let me add there will be a few minor changes to the UI before release, but overall, that's what it will look like.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

What are the odds of having a 64-bit Linux ARM build for String and other plugins, Colin? :)

Pretty good. As ARM releases are coming to macOS, it shouldn't be too big of a hassle to release these for Linux too, if the demand is there. I'm currently updating various build procedures on Linux to get VST3s out, and I will keep the target of ARM builds in mind whilst I make those changes.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

just un case : String FX works like charm through Rosetta 2 on both my macbook air and macmini with M1 architecture under Big Sur, ...but String itself crashes Logic Pro X everytime !

That's fixed in the (imminently) forthcoming release. I'm happy to send you a link to the most recent beta, if you'd like.

I'd be glad to test Linux VST3 (x86_64) builds.

Great, thanks. I'll let you know when I have the VST3 Linux builds ready.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:19 am That's fixed in the (imminently) forthcoming release. I'm happy to send you a link to the most recent beta, if you'd like.
:)

Yes, i'd love it

perbuatan1883@yahoo.fr

i'd love a link to this update please Colin :)
thank you very much, that skin looks great!

sqigls wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:59 pm i'd love a link to this update please Colin :)
thank you very much, that skin looks great!
Of course. Could you check your PMs as I've sent you a link? Thanks!

Thanks Colin, but unfortunately the URL has been auto-truncated or something.

Sorry: Monday morning after a late night copy and paste error. I've sent you a working link now.

legend
thanks mate :)

vst2 and vst3 working fine, the dark GUI is sweeet [insert cave dwelling producer wearing sunglasses smiley here]

Hi Colin,
just a quick note that the String beta crashes Cubase 11 on Windows 10 when the GUI mode is set to Software render, OpenGL render is fine. In Software mode it is also not possible to take a VST thumbnail in Cubase. Otherwise, very nice new GUIs (both the light and dark versions).
Cheers (and hope it's okay to post about the beta here)

Thanks for letting me know. I'll investigate that Cubase crash and see if I can get to the bottom of it. If I can't reproduce the issue here, would you be happy to run a debug build on your machine and send me the crash log? Many thanks.

EDIT: Is it the VST2 or VST3 version that is crashing? And I assume you're using the 64-bit version, right?

Return to “Loomer”