Anybody knows what happened to Ronan Fed? Everything has been deleted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Talented? He seems to be a genius AND has the right attitude.
(I have asked for donations several times.)

Does anyone has any news on Ronan Fed?
I love his plugin and i was eagerly awaiting for the update to Pneuma!
I hope he's fine!

Interesting, today is kind off an anniversary.

Ronan Fed's wordpress, (from search engine cash):
16 August 2022 18:51 GMT
Hi,
I have decided to remove the official downloads of my free plugins and shut down my website due to false rumors that the installers contained malware. I have stated on several occasions that those were false positives because VirusTotal detects malware in all InstallForge or Inno Setup installers that I have tried.
Anyway, they continued with the harassment on various websites and that made me decide to get this problem out of my mind. therefore I will not upload any more plugins or updates in the future.

I also want to clarify that I am an independent developer and musician and I do this efforts for free because I like it and to help others, without looking for profit or asking for donations or subscribers.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Ronan

So, let's hope the history repeats itself in a good way.

hi, make no install, just to copy folders, thanks :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Beat Magazine featured one of his synths in their 07/23 issue (s. screenshot).

It's also and still available in their download-area.

hi, all his plugins still in plugins4free archive, download now :? - https://plugins4free.com/dev/827/?page=1
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I am also very saddened by Ronan quitting the scene. I love the synths and use RF Drums a lot. I am into uplifting trance and Pneuma, Essence and Essence Plus have awesome presets. And while I am glad we can still download them, Ronan was always so good at updating the plugins and adding features.
Ronan, if you read this, ignore the trolls. Also, the VST3s really don't *need* an installer. Distributing as a zip would be perfectly fine. Actually, I kind of prefer it as c:\program files\common files\vst3 is a protected folder and I would prefer to just unzip to a folder and copy them in manually anyway. Trolls be gone ;)

Synthedit stuff had a history of false positives back in the day. I've also seen some VST3s use something called an Inflator Package and it seems like you don't really install them, they just run when your DAW pulls them up.

osiris wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:57 am Synthedit stuff had a history of false positives back in the day. I've also seen some VST3s use something called an Inflator Package and it seems like you don't really install them, they just run when your DAW pulls them up.
His plugins are made with Flowstone and the false positives come from the installer apps used to create the installers.

Ronan Fed created his plugins in the latest 64 bit version of SynthEdit and you can recognize them very easily because all the source files are stored together in one folder with the plugin.
Ronan was a very good developer, he gave away his plugins for free and maybe in time we would have a second Fortune here.
No wonder he stopped his production when instead of thanks he got only critical remarks from some people.
Developers who give away their products for free need support to keep them wanting to keep creating, and if someone doesn't like a plugin, no one is forcing them to use it. I'm also sorry Ronan gave up, there are few developers working with SynthEdit these days.
And it's a shame, I keep hoping that someone will show up here someday who will go in Fortune's footsteps....

Artvera wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:47 pm Ronan Fed created his plugins in the latest 64-bit version of SynthEdit and you can recognize them very easily because all the source files are stored together in one folder with the plugin.
Ronan was a very good developer, he gave away his plugins for free, and maybe in time we would have a second Fortune here.
No wonder he stopped his production when, instead of thanks he got only critical remarks from some people.
Developers who give away their products for free need support to keep them wanting to keep creating, and if someone doesn't like a plugin, no one is forcing them to use it. I'm also sorry Ronan gave up. There are few developers working with SynthEdit these days.
And it's a shame, I keep hoping that someone will show up here someday who will go in Fortune's footsteps...
You're right. I thought they were done in Flowstone because of their look and also I didn't notice any files along with the .dll. With Essence Plus, I only have the .dll and a folder with vst2FactoryPresets files in it. Not the usual SynthEdit folder full of .sem modules with .txt and .png files.

When I look at his NUBE VST3 plugin, there's just the VST3 plugin and nothing else. I guess that SynthEdit got updated so the exported plugins now hide the project source files, which is a good thing.
And it's a shame, I keep hoping that someone will show up here someday who will go in Fortune's footsteps...
I seriously doubt it. In the current toxic field of music production, it's just not worth it.

It's a catch 22, if you give it away free people are suspicious or think it must not be any good. If you wanted to sell a SE object you had to rely on third party installer software.

SampleScience wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:40 am You're right. I thought they were done in Flowstone because of their look and also I didn't notice any files along with the .dll. With Essence Plus, I only have the .dll and a folder with vst2FactoryPresets files in it. Not the usual SynthEdit folder full of .sem modules with .txt and .png files.

When I look at his NUBE VST3 plugin, there's just the VST3 plugin and nothing else. I guess that SynthEdit got updated so the exported plugins now hide the project source files, which is a good thing.
SynthEdit can't hide the source files, the installer did that. Since I don't like installations for simple VST plugins, I used UniExtract instead of the installer.
If you uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" option in the folder options, you will see all the files.
I have another plugin, the successor to ART-Pyrite in VST3 format, already created on my disk for two years, but I don't feel like finishing it just because SynthEdit leaves all the source files outside of the VST3 file. And I probably won't finish it either, because the CLAP format will be used in the near future and I'm not sure if SynthEdit would be able to create this new format. I'm afraid SynthEdit will die more and more over time, unfortunately nothing is forever....... :(

And I'm sure Ronan used installations for his plugins from cause just to hide all the source files.
He didn't want to use simple copying even though some users encouraged him to do so because they probably didn't like installations either.
Then, when he read on some sites that his installations contained a virus, which was a false warning because some antiviruses flag a virus even in regular installation files, he decided not to give away his plugins anymore.

I also imagine it would solve the not being able to run 2 copies at the same time since it's an installed .dll.

Return to “Instruments”