Arturia Minimoog V VS. GForce Minimonsta (Final Showdown?!?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CapnLockheed wrote:Which tastes better? Coke or Pepsi? :hihi:

Danny Darko wrote:
lion_cub wrote:TVD wrote:
Which of these minimoog clones is THE best on the market right now?

Neither
Of course, neither of these hold a candle to Model E. :D
Oh that is sick! :roll: :hihi:

Voidoid Surrealist wrote:Also better than Pepsi or Coke.
Maybe so but this has better foam quality:

Less jokes, more answers please. :roll: Where are the test files?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

*sigh* There. Is. No. One. Answer.

Use your own ears, pick your own favorite.

Meffy wrote:*sigh* There. Is. No. One. Answer.

Use your own ears, pick your own favorite.
Yeah damn right! Everyone's just giving you their opinion, and why should someone else's opinion count for more then yours, when you're the one who's going to spend the money and use the thing?

Or if you really want someone's opinion, I'd say ditch both of them and buy Soup :-D haha

Alex

So the Creamware one isn't really much better than MiniMonsta?
Here is my small version:

PLEASE VISIT www.thehungersite.com DAILY AND CLICK THE LINKS. THEY DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY BASED ON AD INCOME. IT'S FREE!

From the old thread, the Creamware one was very similar to the others, maybe a bit bassier. But, when compared to waveforms/filter response of more than one real Minimoog, they all were within the same quality range and within acceptable deviations from what one might call the Platonic ideal of a Minimoog. The main argument against any of them being that each might have been modelled on slightly different Mini models, resulting in one being slightly less bassy, etc.

Some of the files from that thread from a few months ago were on my webspace, which I've removed in my recent mid-summer spring cleaning so I haven't gone looking for the thread link as info isn't all there any more.

We need A B C D test files

A = Real Mini
B = Minimoog V 1.5
C = Minimonsta
D = Minimax

Very simple tests that compare each waveform, and the filters

shamann: Nice turn of phrase. If any synth deserves to have a representation in Platonic conceptual space, the Minimoog would be it.

eletcro: Really, isn't that horse nearly hamburger by now? =9_9=

More jokes, please. IMO this thread deserves nothing less. And nothing more.

electro wrote:We need A B C D test files

A = Real Mini
B = Minimoog V 1.5
C = Minimonsta
D = Minimax

Very simple tests that compare each waveform, and the filters
Well, you really would want to have several real minis, there's a slight difference in the oscillators in some (one manufactured in UK, one manufactured in US or something?), plus several have been modified over the years.

It's somewhat been done here before, in this thread, again not all info is left there.

Pepsi is so bland. Coke has much more taste, its much richer, warmer, phatter. Wait, what are we talking about? :help:
♫♪♫♫♪♫

wasn't that thread done with the old Minimoog V? We need simple small tests where the RMS of each waveform is matched so we don't get tricked by louder sounds better.

shamann wrote:From the old thread, the Creamware one was very similar to the others, maybe a bit bassier. But, when compared to waveforms/filter response of more than one real Minimoog, they all were within the same quality range and within acceptable deviations from what one might call the Platonic ideal of a Minimoog. The main argument against any of them being that each might have been modelled on slightly different Mini models, resulting in one being slightly less bassy, etc.

"the Platonic ideal of a Minimoog"

8) That's awesome. Best phrase I've heard in a while.

So it seemed like the flagship of the CW line was that Mini. CW cards are somewhat rare so I haven't been able to hear one and I've been scared off by the bulky, archaic h/w and the support horror stories (and the price, but I could deal with that if the product merits it). Would anyone here say that much or most of what is developed for Creamware isn't siginifcantly better than some of the best native developers' synths?

PLEASE VISIT www.thehungersite.com DAILY AND CLICK THE LINKS. THEY DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY BASED ON AD INCOME. IT'S FREE!

electro wrote:wasn't that thread done with the old Minimoog V? We need simple small tests where the RMS of each waveform is matched so we don't get tricked by louder sounds better.
How does one compare dynamic aspects of performance, though, like non-linearity in the envelopes or other factors that might make the sound seem more "real"?

Return to “Instruments”